Our client is looking for an Instrumentation Engineer in St.John's, NL.
This is a 6 month contract starting March 2020.
- Degree in Engineering and Professional Engineering designation with minimum 5 years related experience in the petro-chemical/ oil and gas business
- Demonstrated knowledge of industrial process instrumentation, fire and gas detection equipment, metering systems, safety instrumented systems, hazardous locations and control valves
- Knowledge and experience in Environmental, safety and loss prevention process and practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk management processes including risk assessment and risk mitigation planning.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Project Management, and the ability to lead through influence
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry practices, instrumentation standards, rules and regulations
- Planning, communication (presentation and technical writing), and continuous improvement / engineering skills required to deliver overall value.
- Computer fluent MS/Office and experience with SAP
- Provide technical support on instrument issues as required including Process Hazard Assessments (PHA)
- Provide technical support and input to project and life of field teams on instrument issues, including project design reviews, technical specifications, and equipment selection
- Create and update material masters for instrument equipment and material
- Create and develop monthly Safety and Environmental Critical (SEC) reports
- Responsible for management of Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS)
- Support Regulatory Query Form (RQF) development and regulatory queries/observations in cooperation with Operations support group
- Resolve instrument related Technical Queries (TQs) and develop Change Requests (CRs) as required, ensuring adherence to the Management of Change process
- Drive continuous improvement in performance and carry out commercial support e.g., contract adherence, and invoice verification
- Work with the operation support engineering, equipment strategy and reliability teams to execute and optimize planned maintenance strategies of instrument equipment
- Support senior EIC engineer in planning, prioritization and execution of work-scopes
- Provides technical advice, and mentoring to other instrument engineers including students and contractors
- Makes recommendations that affect safety and production
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.
Ref No: BBBH36833