Position Title: Asset Protection Manager
Direct Supervisor: General Manager - Operations
Department: Asset Protection
Job Location: Iraq
Other: Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
Recognised Security qualification/degree in a related field required
Minimum of 20 years' experience in a similar working environment (within the Petroleum Industry) and within an isolated and zones of conflict.
Job Summary and Scope of Responsibilities
Manages all strategic, operational and procedural security matters in support of Company business in the Iraq, in line with Company Policy.
Have a strong understanding of all activities associated with International Finance Corporation (IFC) Performance Standards.
Reports to the General Manager Operations, functionally reports to Corporate HSSE Director
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Security Process Management & Policy Compliance
- Manages the Iraq Asset Protection (AP) function to deliver against agreed goals appropriate to the situational status existing at the various operational locations within Iraq.
- Develops and maintains the security threat and risk assessment and resulting security plans for all Company activities in region.
- Responsible for all areas related to personnel and asset protection of Company locations within Iraq for exploration, drilling and operations including safe transit of company personnel and contractors.
- Manages and directs the contracted Security Provider and internal security management staff in daily tasks in support of the business.
- Assesses requirement and manages Oil Police Force (OPF) deployment at Company locations, escalates concerns with their relevant command chain.
- Manages all Contractual obligations within the Asset Protection umbrella
- Ensures that all asset protection related matters are conducted according to local Security Regulations as laid out by Ministries, Company policy, international industrial best practice and in accordance with the Voluntary Principles of Human Rights.
- Development of and meeting Performance Standards associated with all Asset Protection activities
- Development of and Audit against all applicable Performance Standards
- Monitors relevant security related developments, providing accurate and timely reports to assess and advise on matter relating to escalation of response posture, evacuation and emergency response.
- Manages any security related incidents at local level with relevant government authorities.
- Maintains an operations and information summary on schedule as directed by Company requirements.
- Manages security related Emergency Response and Evacuation Plans.
- Provide input into all Emergency Response activities, key member of on site ERT
- Verifies and processes monthly timesheets and duty statements for contractors and OPF as required.
- Custodian of Company Asset Protection policies and protocols.
- Ensures quality control of contracted security provider and local staff.
- Adheres and implements the Company's policies as specified at all levels.
- Responsible for the development of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual Asset Protection reporting
- Provides routine information reports and security assessments to agreed and directed schedule.
- Prepares ad hoc reports as requested or relevant on the current security situation.
Functional Leadership Management
- Ensures the effective achievement of AP department strategic and functional objectives through strategic management and direct supervision of staff - setting functional and individual objectives, managing performance, developing, and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal - to maximise functional performance.
- Builds a strong and appropriate AP team to ensure functional effectiveness, versatility, and adequate cover for all functional duties
- Manages all staff under authority professionally, fairly, and reasonably in line with Company HR policies and protocol towards agreed objectives.
- Assists in the preparation and implementation of ongoing training schedules to achieve maximum possible localisation.
Reporting and Communication
- Reports to the GM Operations on all issues relating to the management and processes of the Company Security function.
- Liaises and maintain good relations with all security related organizations and Ministries,
- Exhibits and maintains excellent working relationships with all Company staff.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.