Control & Automation Engineer
Contract (fixed 2 year with potential to transition to staff)
Our client has an excellent opportunity for a Control and Automation Engineer to join our Engineering/Operations team. This position is fixed-term for 2 years and will report directly to the C & A Lead.
- Troubleshooting and repair of PID loops, IO, communication networks, and wiring issues within the DCS/ PLCs and other networked components.
- Supporting the day to day activities of our Engineering/Operations department to ensure the safe and continued operation of our plant and equipment.
- Assist our Maintenance department with Functional Safety activities and fault-finding as required.
- Carry out routine PMR's on our equipment to ensure safe and continued operation of same.
- Preparation, review and development of specifications of DCS / SIS / F&G systems and other PLC related systems.
- Participating in HAZOP / SIL review meeting. Implementing safety instrument design as per review reports.
- Preparation of cause & effect matrix, logic diagrams, control narratives, impact assessments and other necessary control & ESD system related documents for the system configurations.
- Review and check all the activities and documents required for the lifecycles of the safety instrumented system.
- Review and approval of suppliers' hardware and software configuration.
- Carry out routine backups of installed system in line with cyber security policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with HSE policy and procedures.
Experience & Skills
- 5 years' experience working as a Control and Automation Engineer, ideally within the oil and gas, pharma or manufacturing industries.
- Excellent fault-finding and troubleshooting skills.
- Detailed knowledge of process control and measurement principles.
- Ability to analyse data and understand the relationships and correlations of data.
- Knowledge of Ethernet networking and experience working with OPC, profibus, modbus, and foundation fieldbus
- Familiarity with IEC 61511 desirable
- Experience of implementation of EU NIS Directive desirable
- ABB 800xA or similar DCS experience desirable
- Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC experience desirable
- Knowledge of MS servers and VM's desirable
- Experience of working in a regulated environment desirable
- Third level diploma or degree in Electronics, Mechatronics, Automation, Computer Science, Instrumentation essential
- Membership of a professional body desirable e.g. Engineers Ireland
Attributes & Characteristics
- Strong team player with the ability to build relationships and work constructively with others to achieve business goals
- Inspires others by personal integrity, transparency, and humility
- Resilient under pressure, strengthened by adversity and uncompromising on professional standards
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.