We are working alongside an Oil & Gas operator who are on the lookout for an IT Project Manager (ERP applications). They are seeking a manager to lead and manage the IT Projects and applications department. The main responsibility of the department is to develop, maintain, and support the Company's Enterprise Resource Planning application Epicor ERP. The manager will lead and manage the personnel in the department, manage ERP software development projects, provide expertise and passion for implementing, managing and supporting business processes.
The responsibilities of the IT Projects and Applications manager fall into the categories of Department manager, Project manager, Software support focal point, and Software development excellence leader.
- Leading department staff by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees.
- Recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures for running the department.
- Forecasting requirements, preparing budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing financial variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Creating project plans and managing, monitoring and reporting on deliverables in line with the plan.
- Working closely with users to ensure the project meets business needs.
- Managing project scope and change control.
- Recruiting project staff and consultants and managing the project team.
- Managing financial aspects of the project, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
- Negotiating and administering vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
Business focal point for ERP software support and development
- Understand the applications and interfaces of Epicor ERP landscape.
- Champion the development, maintenance, and support of Epicor ERP software.
- Be proactive and service oriented towards requests from business users.
- Assist Key Users in describing issues and finding possible solutions.
- Act as escalation point for system administration and technical system queries.
- Act as a leader on technical system matters.
- Act as an internal promoter of the systems in the application portfolio.
- Manage relationships with stakeholders of the software application portfolio when describing, prioritizing and deciding on portfolio roadmap and implementations.
- Represent software applications in steering committees, projects, and decision boards.
Software development excellence leader
- Ensuring high software quality and performance by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures for developing and maintaining the software application portfolio.
- Actively participate in system implementation and configuration and act as a technical authority toward modification/support requests.
- Keep technical documentation updated.
- Take an active ownership for new additions and changes to the software portfolio.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
Required Qualifications and Experience :
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Business (Technical Aspect) or equivalent.
- 5 years experience in Software development, software management, and it development projects
- Experience from the upstream oil and gas industry.
- Extensive experience from ERP applications/ projects using Epicor ERP and Microsoft technology.
- Formal Project management training, i.e. PRINCE2 or PMP.
- Good verbal and written English.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH28786