Petroplan are pleased to be recruiting for a Construction Manager on behalf of a well-established European Developer with project development and pipeline in place across multi-European locations.
The position will be based in Foggia, Tarquinia, Ferrara and it will be offered as permanent.
The Construction Manager will be responsible for managing and leading all the construction activities at the site. He will be responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating all construction subcontractors with the aim to ensure the plant is connected on time while safety and quality standards are respected.
- Studies deeply project SOW including engineering drawings, BOM, material purchase orders, and subcontract requisitions.
- Reports project progress to the PM
- If productivity is low and a schedule slippage is foreseen, develop, jointly with the PM a recovery plan.
- Oversee, with the help of site engineers, subcontractor's installation works, checking installation's quality and adherence to the design. In case of major findings issue a nonconformity to the subcontractors.
- In case of a contract violation by any subcontractor issue an official communication.
- Reports daily about the material received at the site.
- Overviews, inspects, and verifies quality and quantities of the materials delivered at the site.
- Coordinate with the logistic assistant to hand over materials to the subcontractors.
- Liaise, in collaboration with Procurement and Logistics departments, with suppliers to arrange the material deliveries.
- For minor works/supplies, it is requested to the CM to find local suppliers. At least three offers need to be received. Technical/commercial conditioning needs to be done and results reported to the PM.
- Monitors compliance with the client's technical requirements and all the applicable norms and standards.
- Develop Project Quality plan and Quality Control Procedures in line with the client's requirements. Implements the project quality plan into the project.
- In case of damages or accidents, jointly with HSE department, makes sure appropriate procedure are followed and adequate reporting is done.
- Ensure final documentation is delivered by the subcontractors according to the client's standard.
- Manage the site facilities from a technical and administrative point of view. Rent offices, provide the necessary utilities (water, electricity, internet), organize cleaning activities stipulating contract with local suppliers.
- Ensure a smooth and efficient handover of the plant to asset-management department.
- Liaise with DL and CSE where necessary.
- Be nominated as safety responsible of the site ("preposto alla sicurezza")
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Must have experience in utility-scale Solar Power Plant
- University Degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Civil Engineering is a plus.
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel); MS Project is a plus.
- Good knowledge of AUTOCAD
- Good level of English and knowledge of Italian
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.