An experienced Construction Manager required for staff role with a Leading Oilfield Services Provider based in the UAE.
The successful candidate will manage, coordinate and supervise the construction process from the conceptual development stage through final construction and handover to Completions on a timely and economical basis.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Managing the construction activities and executing the construction works in line with the delivery schedule, contract specifications and conditions.
* Supporting the construction contractors by removing impediments to progress, assisting in the development of their construction schedule, agreeing a construction sequence and ensuring that the contractors have the materials, engineering deliverables, tools, and resources for successful execution and complete delivery within the required time frame.
* Developing and implementing the requirements of the Construction Execution Plan.
* Ensuring that the constructability process is implemented in the design phase and ensuring participation of construction personnel in all project model reviews.
* Developing a clear organization chart for the construction personnel on site with realistic distribution of the work capacity with respect to the capacity of the individuals.
* Ensuring adherence to the project/corporate HSE procedures and maintaining a safe working environment.
* Contributing to the 90 days and 6-weeks look-ahead plans, implementing work in agreed sequence.
* Liaising with Client Senior Management and ensuring good relations are maintained through project.
* Responsible for generating regular progress reports for review by Management.
* Coordinating with Completions supervision to ensure completed work is handed over in agreed sequence.
* Monitoring subcontractor and vendor performance and contributes to project evaluation of these in project close-out reports.
* Performing regular performance reviews and assessments of all subordinates during project.
* Ensuring that the construction areas are constructed to international quality standards and agreed budget, schedule, and construction sequence.
* Implementation of standard construction work processes (CPs), manuals, procedures, and systems.
* Managing construction and maintenance of temporary facilities.
* Managing the Construction team creating an atmosphere of cooperation and team spirit.
* Developing the staff so that every supervisory position has a Deputy able to stand in for absences and rotation leave. Identifying and mentoring high potential personnel and recent college/university graduates and allowing training time.
* Generating KPI's for each of subordinates, assessing and providing feedback.
* Representation in all construction related meetings with clients and subcontractors and assuming all other responsibilities in the absence of Construction Director.
* Ensuring that good working relations are maintained with client throughout project.
The ideal candidate will have:
* A relevant degree or diploma.
* A minimum of 12 years experience in the Oil & Gas Industry, 7 years in direct hire construction.
* Experience working with an International E&C Company.
* Excellent leadership and communications skills.
* Prior experience working with a diverse international workforce.
* Ability to lead, motivate, resolve problems and inspire a diverse workforce and staff.
* Preference given to applicants with experience working in the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS/FSU), Middle East, and/or North Africa.
Ref No: 28037
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH28037