- Manages, provides advice on and administers all activities concerned with contracts for works and services associated with oil and gas facilities projects carried out under various contract forms and modes of reimbursement
- Responsible for pre - award activities including bid invitation preparation, processing queries from bidders, preparation of bid evaluation programmes, evaluation of bids, negotiation, contract preparation and award formalities
- Responsible for post - award activities including conducting kick - off meetings, coordinating all contract submittals and correspondence, preparation, and processing of variation orders, claims and close out.
- Manages the drafting of Invitation to Tender packages for contracts for large O&G facilities projects. Review and, if necessary, proposes comments on and propose alternative text/clauses to client contract conditions.
- Reviews issues with legal, risk management, tax, and accounting personnel as a condition precedent to submitting to management for approval.
- Functions as a part of a negotiating team consisting of project management staff, to establish the terms and conditions of a contract.
- Monitors and ensures the business provisions of assigned contracts are administered to ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions. Keeps the Projects Contracts Manager advised as to the scope, financial, and risk features of applicable contracts.
- Ensures documentation to negotiate change orders are properly produced and maintained.
- Prepares letters to clients requesting approvals and interpretations necessary to comply with the provisions of the contract.
- Ensure project/facility acceptance documents are prepared and are followed through and that acceptances are signed by the client.
- Furnishes business and financial information requested by the client concerning the project, as delegated by the Project Manager.
- Identifies contractual problems and take appropriate action to ensure a satisfactory resolution. Follows up on those problems which demand management attention, to ensure timely response to the client, and Management of Contract Quality standards.
Preferred Qualification(s) and/or Experience
- You will possess a degree - any discipline from an accredited college or recognized university; this is an essential contractual requirement.
- You will have a work experience within the Oil & Gas or petrochemical industry.
- You will have work experience in a related designation / specialty within a GCC country. The GCC countries referred to here are: The State of Kuwait, The Kingdom of Bahrain, The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, The Sultanate of Oman, The State of Qatar, and The United Arab Emirates. This is a preferred but not mandatory requirement.
- You will have excellent understanding & extensive experience of the procurement and contract administration processes and principles from preparation and issue of Bidders Lists, Contracting Plans and bid invitation package preparation through to award, administration and close out of Contracts.
- You will have strong grasp of procedural requirements & necessity of providing an Audit Trail for Management purposes; and
- You will have the ability to interact effectively with people of all nationalities & cultures while using clear, fluent, and expressive verbal and written language to convey information and ideas; an individual with excellent communication and people skills, a consummate developer of relationship(s) on a sustainable and long-term basis.
- You will demonstrate an ability to lead/coach/mentor colleagues and/or staff.
- You will have the ability to work under tight time constraints with excellent time management and planning skills as well as manage multiple priorities.
- You will be willing to engage and manage clients as required by the needs of the business and if deemed necessary by management.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.