Petroplan is seeking experienced Process Operators with a background in petrochemical projects for our client, a major petrochemical operator based in the Lake Charles, Louisiana area.
The Process Operator will ensure the safe and effective operation of the assigned process systems and work areas of a gas-to-liquids (GTL) facility. It is expected that during the pre-operational phase the field operation personnel will be involved in the development of start-up and normal operating procedures as well as in the execution of commissioning through to ready for start-up of the facility.
- Develop operational procedures
- Contribute to pre-commissioning/commissioning activities
- Ensure all activities are conducted in accordance with agreed health, safety, and environment procedures
- Isolation and preparation of equipment for maintenance
- Continuously monitor conditions of running and static equipment identifying problems as they arise and seeking appropriate assistance
- Sampling and laboratory testing in plant lab
- Log and act on lab results, liaising with the Control Room Operator
- Maintain optimal operations by analyzing process conditions and trouble shooting issues
- Communicate events with Shift Team Leader on oncoming shift personnel
- Communicate relevant changing conditions and situations to Control Room Operator and Shift Team Leader
- Liaise with other operators and work in other plant areas as required
Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years' operational experience in gas plants, refineries or petrochemical plants
- Experience working with contractors during pre-commissioning and start-up is preferable
- Proven track record in the position of Process Operator/Field Operator, backed up by working experience in some of the main processes and/or utilities of a GTL plant or integrated oil & gas petrochemical production facility
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team of operators in a multicultural environment and must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Fluency in both written and verbal English is mandatory
- Understands and can identify when a unit or piece of equipment is deemed unsafe to continue running
- Can think and act under pressure
- Can identify when equipment is requiring urgent maintenance
- Can identify unsafe acts and take action to stop them
- Must be able to work a rotating shift schedule including nights, weekends and holiday
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH32558