This role reports to the Director, Operations Engineering and will be responsible for developing and progressing the Ready for Operations (RFO) activities, ensuring seamless transition of the facility from EPC to the operations phase.
The successful candidate shall possess in-depth understanding on drivers such as turbines (gas & steam) and motors, and driven equipment such as generators, compressors and pumps. The incumbent shall also be familiar with associated supporting components/systems such as, couplings, bearings, lubrication and sealing systems (dry gas seals and mechanical seals). Working knowledge in compressor performance and vibration analysis is key in successful performance of this job.
Additionally, this individual shall provide, as a minimum, intermediate level Reliability Engineering support to the Operations team with focus in the following areas:
- Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA): With expertise in relevant techniques to adequately lead RCFA exercises for failures relating to plant equipment and/or processes.
- Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM): With adequate knowledge in relevant techniques to drive fine-tuning & improvements in existing Maintenance practices to achieve a cost-effective, yet safe robust Maintenance strategy.
The incumbent is also expected to provide guidance and mentorship to less experienced staff associated with maintaining and operating plant equipment, to ensure the highest level of asset availability.
- Will provide advice and guidance on Rotating Equipment system engineering issues.
- Provide daily-to-day Rotating Equipment and Mechanical systems support to the Maintenance & Operations teams to ensure continued operability of plant equipment.
- Providing advanced diagnostic support, to allow rapid production recovery, in the event of equipment failure and forced plant outage.
- Provide Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) leadership during RCFA exercises.
- This include the ability to wrap up summaries (with causes and recommendations) and present to concerned parties.
- Provide interpretation and evaluation services to analysis and recommendations from the Reliability Technicians on predictive programs.
- Provide support to the Maintenance team for Turnaround planning and execution.
- Supports availability tracking and improving the overall reliability for plant equipment and Responsible for evaluating the workflow process, identification of critical spares, spare parts storage and preservation requirements for Rotating Equipment systems throughout the plant.
- Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM): Lead initiatives to drive fine-tuning & improvements in existing Maintenance practices to achieve a cost-effective.
- Education and Certifications:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other relevant technical discipline is required
- Mechanical Engineering focus is preferred.
- A Professional Engineering License is preferred.
- A minimum of Ten (10) years' experience working in an engineering capacity, with Rotating and Mechanical equipment in an industrial setting in engineering or operations
- Oil and Gas experience is required, with preference in LNG applications, however, petrochemical, NGL, cryogenic natural gas processing, or other hydrocarbon processing experience may be acceptable.
- Extensive knowledge of gas turbines (Frames & Aero-derivatives) and compressors (including compressor performance) is required
- Additional Skills:
- Knowledge of CMMS Systems
- RCFA tools for conducting failure analysis
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.