Acting as a key member of a Finance team in a growing upstream energy company with exciting development potential, contributing to the daily operational finance support and administration of the Group. Supporting the Financial Management Accountant on a day-to-day basis in which key responsibilities will include the timely processing, posting and monitoring of all payments and receivables across a number of Group companies, as well as organising and maintaining general ledgers.
* Timely and accurate processing and posting of purchase invoicing and payments
* Resolving other ad-hoc queries with both internal/external contacts
* Assisting with monthly bank, credit cards, petty cash and loan accounts reconciliations
* Maintaining the accounting ledgers integrity and perform reconciliations and allocate balances where required
* Assist in the preparation of month-end balance sheet reconciliations
* Assist in the preparation of the Groups VAT returns
* Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts and year-end / half-year statutory financial statements
* Assist in preparing monthly accruals, pre-payments schedules
* Assist in the submission and processing of monthly employee expenses
* Other administration and filing tasks Provision of further ad-hoc tasks:
* Special Finance projects when arising - e.g. financial systems upgrade
* Assisting with the monthly Joint Venture ("JV") billings process
* Monitoring of JV balances and resolving queries
* Aiding and developing financial analysis for management R
* At least 1 years' experience within a recent accounting related role. Energy sector preferred, but not essential
* Quick learner, with confidence to work independently, but also ask questions where needed
* Motivated with a positive 'can do' attitude
* Good organisational skills
* Professional approach and high level of discretion
* Team player, willing to learn and get involved with a wide range of tasks in this growing company
* Ability to work on own initiative and generate solutions
* Experience of SunSystems or another accounting package is desirable, but not essential as full training will be given
* IT literate, including a good working knowledge of Microsoft office programs, especially Excel.
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.
Ref No: BBBH37132