- Responsible to source and execute Operations strategic contracts and the daily execution of the Operations Procurement objectives and strategy
- Serves as the Subject Matter Expert for sourcing and contracting for Upstream Facility
Responsibilities / Key Objectives:
1. Demand Planning/Concept/Strategy Development
- Review annual business plan to understand forward demand and document key findings, priorities and assumptions from spend and contracts and build the contract strategy
- Analyse the Strategic Procurement category business landscape, spend by sub-category and by supplier
- Develop and execute complex strategic categories' go-to-market tender strategy
2. Contracting and Souring/Tendering
- Develop and execute complex (high value and or high risk) tenders, this includes tender requests, tender evaluation, negotiations and supplier due diligence
- Incorporate Local Content during sourcing processes and ensure that the categories meet the Local Content requirements
- Secure complex Strategic Procurement contracts (drafting, negotiating and signing) and ensure proper storage of contracts
- Conduct large Strategic Procurement contracts price revisions according to 'rise and fall formulas'
3. Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Drive complex contracts obligations and comply with the terms and conditions of the contract
- Provide oversight and conduct complex Strategic Procurement contracts renewal and closure, and communicate the updates with relevant stakeholders
- Collaborate with and develop suppliers to create sustainable long-term relationships
- Support internal and external audits where required
- Identify opportunities to create synergies across the business to obtain increased value from the overall Procurement contract portfolio
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for Operations sourcing and contracting
4. Leadership/People Management
- Assist in the development and implementation of capability development initiatives to improve Procurement outcomes
- Uphold and work within the company values management with end users to ensure that suppliers deliver their performance
- University educated to at least Bachelor's degree level
- Recognised Procurement and/or Supply Chain qualification desirable
- Minimum 5 years' experience in sourcing and contract execution and management
- Demonstrate appropriate skill in sourcing negotiation and execution
- Strong results focus, with a continuous improvement skill set
- Strong facilitation, business, analytical, problem solving, communication and project management capabilities
- Experience in the oil and gas sector desirable
- Operations experience is desirable
Business Behaviours/Soft Skills:
- Ability to develop manage and sustain effective and collaborative business relationships with key oil and gas suppliers
- Tenacity and resistance to stress, particularly in strategic negotiations
- Creativity that enables to see new opportunities
- Ability to take a step back and maintain an overall vision, to devise a long-term strategy
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.