Position: Senior Well Intervention Engineer
Job type: Contract
We are currently working with an international E&P business. A need has arisen within the business to add an experienced Well Intervention Engineer to their Well Construction division.
The purpose of the Senior Well Interventions Engineer is to provide engineering support for the completion and testing team and liaise with the Sub-surface group and production groups.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for ensuring well intervention activities, including workovers, slickline interventions
- and well tests are planned and engineered in compliance with company well delivery process.
- Responsible for providing engineering, planning and logistics support for the Krim well test.
- Ensures HSE requirements are integral to all aspects of completion, testing and well intervention
- Contribute to delivering operational HSE performance.
- Review and provide feedback to improve operational programmes which account for and dictate
- best HSE practice.
- Ensures that all well intervention activities comply with company standards and governmental regulations.
- Provides completions input to team and well engineering delivery objectives as necessary.
- A University degree in an engineering discipline, preferably in mechanical or petroleum
- Fluent in English both written and spoken.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish good working relationships with team. Familiarity with IT and industry software including;
- WellCat or other Tubing Movement Modelling
- Prosper or other Nodal Analysis Software
- Drill String Design with emphasis on Torque / Drag Modelling
- MS Suite
- Extensive experience as a completions engineer with operating companies.
- Knowledge and experience in design and running of Fraccing Operations, well testing, sand
- control, artificial lift and surface tree systems.
- Work experience in remote locations and knowledge of work environments in West Africa.
- Experience working with wells in depleted reservoirs.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30281