Vacancy: Project Engineering Manager - Subsea
Location: London / Paris
Type: Preference for Staff
SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Responsible to Project Manager for delivery to project of all engineering requirements.
- Manage the engineering resources and interfaces on a project to achieve successful delivery
- Responsible for ensuring that standard of provided engineering services complies with corporate standards and Client specifications along with appropriate legislation
- Promote and facilitate project team awareness of company QA and HSE procedures.
- Ensure that all procedures and methods of work developed have considered the safety of personnel and assets to minimise loss.
- Interface with discipline leads and/or group leads to ensure deliverable schedule is being met and budget is on track.
- Develop man-hour estimates and subsequent engineering schedule for implementation to suit overall project plan, taking responsibility for delivery.
- Actively engage in the project risk assessment and mitigation processes
- Actively engage with others with emphasis on cost and robustness, capitalising on innovation and technology development
- Ensure schedule of engineering is linked to procurement activities, package and fabrication supply.
- Manage internal and external engineering interfaces or liaise with the interface manager
- Identify project resource requirements and liaise with Discipline managers to ensure availability and allocation.
- Represent the Company in meetings/correspondence with Clients, Subcontractors, 3rd Parties etc., in a technical capacity
- Ensure that project teams maximise knowledge sharing, best practice and competence by using the tools available
- Encourage knowledge management and continuous improvement
- Proven experience in managing a large engineering team
- Experience of managing engineering input to projects or work packages
- Ability to lead and function within a project team, providing regular and constructive feedback
- Ability to prioritise own and others' workload, manage time and change control accordingly and direct team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of schedule, quality and budget.
- Ability to manage interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, drawing office, document control, project management, client and suppliers.
- Ability to effectively solve problems, within a context of cost, contract and risk management
- Ability to work within time/budget constraints
- Sound communication skills, oral, written and electronic.
- Commitment to Continuing Professional Development.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.