Senior Project Engineer
Our client, an independent oil company is seeking to recruit a Senior Project Engineer within their Subsea Team.
The successful candidate will need to have experience throughout Design, Fabrication, Installation and Operations of Subsea structures including, Manifolds, Piles, Jumpers, Goosenecks, Anchoring Devices and Mudmats.
Specifically the individual will be responsible for the following
- Management of Structures package cost, planning and reporting
- Management of design and fabrication Engineering
- Participate in risk assessments sessions, address and resolve any non-compliance fabrication issues.
- Overseeing the FAT and SIT activities and ensure the implementation of project QA/QC requirements
- Support to installation engineering requirements
- Provide technical input to Installation Program.
- Responsible for all planning and preparation work associated with the execution of the offshore construction campaign associated with the structural package.
- Interface with team members to ensure alignment and deliverables are ready when needed.
- Monitor Performance Metrics of SURF Contractor fabrication related activities, and work with SURF Manager for continuous improvement.
- Identify and communicate execution and schedule vulnerabilities: develop and monitor mitigation plans
- Perform other duties as requested by the Line Manager
The role will be working alongside the package delivery leads of teams such as
- Flexibles/Risers/Umbilical Package Lead.
- Subsea Controls Package Lead
- Topside Control System Delivery Lead
- Operations Readiness / Interface Lead
- SURF Engineering Lead
- Experience of working in Offshore Oil and Gas Industry: 15 year
- Experience of working with an Offshore Oil and Gas Operator: 15 year
- Knowledge and application of Deepwater Engineering Design,
- Construction and Installation Standards and codes: 15 years
- Experience of working on West Africa Projects
- Strong personal commitment to Health, Safety & Environmental Performance
- Good communication skills with the ability to work effectively with client and contractor personnel
- Ability to work proactively & independently.
- High personal integrity
- Flexible approach and able to work under pressure.
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Committed to high EHS standards.
- Good communicator with open and constructive styles
- Able to lead and influence design.
- Position is split between client office in London and SURF Contractor offices in Paris
- Position will require domestic and foreign travel.
- Proven Managerial skills are required (team, budget, planning) are required
- High degree of competence, track record and knowledge, relevant to design, fabrication and offshore installation phases in delivering structural packages for offshore projects
Candidates must have the right to work within the UK without the need of sponsorship.
Petroplan Today - Our Vision & Mission
Our core aim now, and since 1976, has been, and is, to provide exceptional talent solutions to the energy industry. This means delivering the right solutions to our business partners
- through specialist knowledge and tenacity,
- By creating strong business partnerships with our clients, contractors, candidates and suppliers, so that we can really understand their needs and truly assist,
- Through our dedicated expertise, focused only on the Energy sector
- By staying at the centre of the worldwide community for all those, we do business with.
Bringing over 44 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial, over 55 countries, 550 clients and 65 disciplines, our experience, specialist industry and technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
Remaining niche to the Oil and Gas and, latterly, Renewables sectors, we can provide in-depth workforce solutions, via delivery from our global sector teams focused on Oil and Gas, Technology, Renewable Energy, Commercial and Executive/C-suite. To this end, we believe we can offer the full breadth of bespoke solutions and services based on all our clients' needs.