The HR E&P Advisor is based in London reporting directly to the HR Manager - Oil Assets, and will work alongside another HR E&P Business Partner sharing responsibilities and collaborating on key projects. The successful candidate will have full HR generalist oversight for the company Exploration and Production (E&P) business unit whose operations are coordinated via London but whose operation presence is on the ground in the Republic of Chad, Central Africa. The role is pivotal in ensuring that the E&P business unit has access to a capable and responsive HR resource who will support the day to day operational HR needs. The HR Advisor will have access to general HR support from the wider HR team, especially in areas such as employee relations and compensation and benefits but will be expected to take ownership of recruitment initiatives, ongoing record keeping, systems data and E&P specific contractor / consultancy agreements. Various complexities exist in the form of different employing entities, contract agreements, payrolls and locations. A meticulous eye for detail is essential. Travel to the Republic of Chad, Central Africa will be required.
- Manages the London E&P staff client & acts as the point of contact for the E&P business unit to understand, provide advice and facilitate HR related requests at all levels, building relationships with the business cross-functionally.
- Works with the business unit to support workforce planning and recruitment, which includes the full resourcing and onboarding lifecycle.
- Negotiates with resourcing suppliers for preferable terms and rates, managing the process for hiring new staff in London and the wider business unit.
- Manages the arrangements in place for Expat staff in Chad, including maintaining accurate records, understanding the payroll set up and ongoing contract and administration for headcount changes.
- Manages the arrangements in place for National / Local staff in Chad, including maintaining accurate records, understanding the payroll set up and ongoing contract and administration headcount changes.
- Maintains accurate records, using HRIS and / or MS Excel with latest staffing information to ensure details for the business unit is up to date.
- Ensures all current contract documentation is logged, available and managed in accordance with Company's processes for storing data.
- Ensures that all contractual processes and decisions are in accordance with requirements, are transparent and supported by appropriate documentation.
- Works closely with all stakeholders to ensure contracting processes are implemented to meet business requirements.
- Works with the Contracts and Procurement team to maintain, update and report on a database of Master Consultancy Agreements (MCAs), likely using Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) software.
Budget / Forecasting
- Works with the London Finance and Contracts and Procurement teams to ensure accurate records are kept for the purpose of budgeting and forecasting.
Visas / Work Permits
- Works with the business unit, travel coordinator and secretarial staff to oversee the visa / work permit process for transfers to / from different business units.
- Works with the wider HR team on the development and implementation of HR policies and projects and assists in delivering change management activities within the initiatives.
- Contributes to a process of continuous improvement in the HR team.
- Challenges the organisational structure/HR related processes of the business unit where appropriate.
Internal: London HR team, HR teams in the business units, Senior Management, IT, E&P Technical, Legal and contracts and procurement.
External: Resourcing partners; JV Partner(s); Industry Peers; Service Contractors; Company auditors, lawyers.
RELEVANT SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Educated to degree level as a minimum requirement
- CIPD qualified
- French language ability (reading, speaking and writing) will be an advantage
- Cultural awareness of West African countries and working styles is desirable but not a pre-requisite
- Previous experience of working in an E&P environment would be advantageous
- Proactive, willing approach
- High standard of spoken / written English
- Exemplar organizational / planning skills and the ability to work unsupervised
- Enterprising, proactive and results oriented person who can also work as part of a team
- Leadership capabilities and organizational management experience
- Proven ability to negotiate and able to balance listening and advocacy skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH33606