Senior Environmental Advisor, Environmental Technology
This is a six month role for a senior environmental engineer or scientist to lead the environmental input to some key environmental technology programmes including:
- Work with the team climate science modeller lead the approach and continue the development and deployment of climate modelling to help assess potential impacts from severe weather and climate change.
- provide science based understanding of climate change related to our energy transition as relevant to key aspects of the environmental technology work programmes
- support our key climate research programme with Princeton university by helping with communications, meetings and disseminating information
- finalise and implement the company approach to life cycle analysis to support our dual challenge of provision of energy and reducing emissions.
- Provide technical support and manage robust environmental input to our business venture investment due diligence
- Support ongoing work in the team to understand negative emission technologies, particularly those related to biological processes and help support key insights and possible opportunities for the energy transition.
- Provide technical leadership in some key environmental areas and manage projects such as helping to understand the provenance and impact of poor urban air quality.
- Link with the ongoing work on circular economy to provide environmental technical support and insights to maximise synergies with other environmental technology focus areas.
- Ad hoc support to a variety of environmentally related work that might include an ongoing study into the circular economy and broader environmental issue evaluation.
The role will primarily be expected to conduct research and analysis and present findings to group technology and relevant businesses. When it is appropriate, the role will liaise between the internal requestors for information, source a suitable external consultant or research partner to undertake the work, and manage it through to completion including reviewing outputs and disseminating them back to the original requestor.
- Relevant environmental engineering or science degree (e.g. Chemical engineer or environmental science) and /or relevant Masters
Experience and Job Requirements
- Deep and broad working knowledge of environmental issues and impacts associated with oil and gas primarily but also experience of environmental issues associated with renewable energy and other energy vectors is desirable.
- Proven history of managing and delivering technical work to a high quality that meets the needs of key stakeholders
- Underpins insights and recommendations with sound scientific and technical data analysis and follows good quality control practices.
- Experience of working successfully at senior level in a multinational corporation.
- Strong communication skills with succinct report writing and presentation skills
- OneTeam player who bring business value through working with others collaboratively and grows capability by sharing information and developing others.
- Self-starter, independent and quick learner who builds on feedback, adapts and delivers in an agile way.
- CANDIDATES MUST HAVE A VISA TO WORK IN THE UK
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH33897