Our client is one of the world's leading integrated producers and marketers of several commodities around the world They have worldwide activities in the production, sourcing, processing, refining, transporting, storage, financing and supply of metals and minerals and energy products.
We are looking for a skilled Senior Developer / Architect to work in their Front Office scrum team in London. The role will suit an individual who has made significant contributions to projects, preferably in commodities or financial services.
The successful candidate will have significant .Net (C#) experience in the full software development lifecycle, and will also have exposure to a range of other environments / stacks (e.g. Python, Java etc.) as well as Angular JS and other modern UI technologies. Exposure to SQL and/or SQL-based development is also important, especially relating to MS SQL Server but Oracle, Sybase ASE 15, and/or Sybase IQ is also of interest.
- Work as Senior Developer/Architect/Technical Lead in the Front Office Scrum, focussed on delivery of high-quality, well-engineered solutions
- Work with FO Lead and peers to design and develop appropriate solutions to relevant to Front Office stakeholders
- Work with Technical Leads, Developers, Project Managers and/or Analysts and/or users during the course of project delivery. This may include involvement in various phases of the application development project lifecycle.
- Contribute to the overall design process for new projects and applications, and assist in ensuring alignment with the overall IT architecture and helping to develop out the latter to adjust with emerging standards in the marketplace
- Architect, design and develop applications according to agreed coding standards and quality targets.
- Ensure adherence to agreed development best practices.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Good Computer Science / Sciences / Engineering degree; some mathematical fluency required.
- Significant experience in .Net development and SQL development
- Significant experience in architecting/designing enterprise strength solution
- Experience in working within multi-skilled team, ideally within an Agile environment
- Experience in Commodities will be an advantage, especially in Front Office-related areas. SKILL SETS
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to devise and present practical and pragmatic solutions, in a coherent and articulate manner
- Ability to develop high-quality and robust solutions.
- Proven record in developing scalable, highly-available and highly-performing middle-tier components
- Strongly focus on delivery.
- A solid understanding and demonstrable exposure to C#
- Strong technical background in REST-based services and JSON.
- Strong technical background in Service Oriented technologies (e.g. WCF, Web API) and message queues (e.g. ActiveMQ)
- Exposure to Push technologies (e.g. SignalR, WebSockets) would be an advantage
- Good understanding and awareness of modern design and development techniques, and the ability.
- RDBMS design and development, with one or more of Sybase, SQL Server or Oracle-based
- development being of particular interest.
- Knowledge and understanding of test-driven development, and testing infrastructures.
- Ability to communicate confidently with a wide range of people, in an open, candid and consistent manner.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH31082