This role is responsible for providing subject matter expertise to ensure compliance with export regulations applicable to the international procurement and shipment of materials.
Responsibilities / Key Tasks:
* Classify materials for export and provide guidance and assistance for classification of materials.
* Interface with suppliers and/or manufacturers to determine and/or validate classifications of materials.
* Create, update and maintain a database of classified materials.
* Monitor/review purchase orders and proposed exports to ensure compliance with export control laws.
* Interface with Category Management and Materials Management teams to ensure compliance with export control laws.
* Assist in developing, deploying and maintaining export control processes, procedures and systems.
* Provide role-specific export compliance training to Category Management and Materials Management personnel.
* Demonstrate skill level and knowledge appropriate to role in export control laws and regulations.
* Practical experience in a similar role sufficient to justify status as a subject matter expert.
* Demonstrate ability to influence and collaborate with individuals across multiple disciplines, cultures and geographies, across organizational boundaries and levels.
* Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills enabling effective communication.
* Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills; capable of adopting a variety of styles to achieve desired results.
* Strong work ethic and ability to work creatively to achieve identified goals.
* Strong analytical problem-solving skills with ability to follow through on operational detail.
* Education and/or certifications in export compliance.
* Experience with Harmonized Tariff Schedule classifications.
* Experience designing and implementing an export control program in a multinational organization.
* Experience implementing an automated export management software solution and configuring license determination processes.
* Experience with SAP transaction reporting.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH33619