Position: Analysis Engineer - Flexible Pipeline
Type: PAYE Contract (Inside IR35)
Our client is looking for a senior Flexible Pipes & Analyses engineer to integrate their "risers, installation Analyses and umbilical" (RIAU) department.
They are looking for an Engineer to work from Tender to project, through technology, RIAU discipline is delivering high end performance on the various domains (Flexible, Rigid risers, Installation Analyses, Umbilical and controls). The current vacancy aims to reinforce the Flexible System Group.
Integrated within the RIAU team the engineer will be supporting tender and/or project for the technical follow-up of the Flexible package. They will also contribute to the development of in-place analyses of riser, static jumpers.
Under the responsibility of the technical manager or the RIAU lead Engineer, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Understand Client needs develop specification for Suppliers.
- Interface with project team, engineering teams and SCM
- Support the selection of the Supplier through technical evaluation
- Plan, detail and review technical documentation relating to Flexible, subsea hardware and topside interface.
- Develop the documentation package and the studies linked to the sizing and analysis of the dynamic riser system / static jumper system
- Manage the design analysis, and undertake, and check others', analysis, design and engineering activities associated with Flexible cross section, terminations, bend restrictors,
- Ensure design and detailing in accordance with acknowledged industry Codes, Standards and Design Guides (e.g. API 17J, DnV, ISO); Client Specifications and Scopes of Work.
- Production and checking of design documentation including feasibility reports, detailed in place design reports, specifications, material take-offs, etc.
- Be aware of the Overall project / Tender planning and responsible of the planning of their Scope of Work.
- Ensure progress and compliance of the supplier in close interface with SCM function
- Follow-up Flexible design activities, fabrications and testing.
- Ensure their work is performed in accordance with the latest HSEQ, DCE suite of documents and Group procedures.
- Provide engineering assistance during mobilisations and occasional periods of offshore or site working, including FATs, SITs, Pre-commissioning, etc.
- Participate as required in events such as Bid Clarifications, Kick off meetings, HIRAs, Design Reviews, etc.
- To check that the procedure and analysis match the project objectives
- Attend to project audits related to Engineering Activities as and when required.
- Attend to project engineering reviews as and when required.
- Provide technical engineering support to other departments within the Central Engineering Group, the Project Engineering Group, and to colleagues in terms of training and mentoring.
- Ensure that know-how is transferred within the discipline & Attend to discipline meeting as required.
- Lead and develop hard skill of graduates and project engineers in the area of Flexible pipe design and riser global analysis, static jumper in place analyses
Capability profile - Knowledge, skills, experience
- MSc or PhD in Mechanical Engineering/Hydrodynamics, you have relevant work experience in the oil and gas industry or equivalent. This experience ideally includes in place design or installation analyses of Flexible and Flexible pipe design.
- Proficient in FEA modelling and you know OrcaFlex software
- English is fluent
- Technical expertise to Flexible design and fabrication process as well as reporting creation by vendors as part of a qualification program.
- Knowledge on installation, on bottom stability, routing, crossing
- Understand clients' needs; identify and address design parameters and problems; develop and implement solutions.
- Independently evaluate, organise and prioritise work for self and others.
- Undertake responsibility for production of deliverables, which may include engineering support to Drafting Office, design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and various 3rd-party submissions.
- Ability to lead and function within a design team and across multiple projects.
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplined system engineering team
- Ability to prioritise own workload, manage time accordingly and inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of programme or budget.
- Manage interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, drawing office, document control, project management, client and suppliers.
- Manage change control within own remit on a project. Inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of programme or budget.
- Demonstrable ability to work within time/budget constraints
- Ability in Vendor and 3rd Party management
- Ability in working in multicultural group
Systems where a further knowledge is desirable:
- Installation Analyses
- Naval architecture,
- Offshore experience
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.