On behalf of An Oil and Gas company Petroplan are looking for a PMC Lead Cost Engineer role based in London on an annual renewable contractual basis but with work scope till 2027.
- Champion the Project Safety culture, behaviours and engagement activities.
- Reports to PMC Project Controls Manager and works under his direction.
- Reviews, monitors and controls Project costs.
- Verify EPC Contractor requests for payments, including the required supporting documents and achievement of milestone events and certifying their entitlements for payments accordingly.
- Ensure that adequate information is supplied to verify progress claims against milestones and invoices submitted including calling for further information to substantiate progress claims where necessary, prior to payment by the Owner.
- Review EPC Contractor's Invoices, Progress Measurement and Forecasts and provide assessments to Project senior management.
- Review Project Business Plans and Execution strategies to provide input to strategic priorities, Operating Budgets and cost forecasts.
- Review EPC Contractor's nominated Subcontractor's un-priced bid submissions for Progress Measurement and Reporting requirements.
- Ensure that PMC procedures for Estimating, Progress Measurement and Forecasting are approved and implemented.
- Provide functional input to the review and approval of EPC Contractor's invoices and Change Order proposals.
- Participate in Project risk reviews, constructability reviews and value engineering workshops.
- Provide functional input to PMC weekly/monthly progress reports and presentations to the Owner and provide exception reports related to the overall Project Cost.
- Review EPC Contract close-out reports and performance evaluation reports and provide functional input to Project senior management.
- Review PMC systems and procedures to provide functional input and support continuous improvement.
- Establish and implement Project statistical database for benchmarking purposes.
- Review Project short term and medium-term constraints and concerns to provide mitigation plans and corrective actions.
- Avoid or minimize the variations from EPC Contractor by taking proactive and preventive actions.
- Perform trend analysis on both schedule and cost for early identification of potential deviations and advise Owner of their implications.
- Evaluate, EPC Contractor change orders/claims request for any Engineering, equipment or materials and Construction extras as well as schedule extensions, with recommendation to approve, modify or reject.
- Prepare Project cost reports to Owner highlighting current expenditure, commitments and forecast payments to the EPC Contractor.
- Participate in the preparation of Project progress reports addressing cost and schedule trends, productivity and actions taken.
- Participate in the close-out of the early work phase and the EPC Contract.
- Assist in the administration of financial agreements, drawdown forecasts of loan funds, cash flow of all funds and other financial aspects.
- Monitor cash flow in multi-currencies.
- Supervise internal and external audits.
- Monitor budgets
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.