We are currently supporting our international oil ang gas client in their search for an External Communication Manager to be based in their West London offices on a permanent basis (hybrid work arrangements available).
This position would be in support of their Head of Investor Relations and External Communications.
You will have the opportunity to develop and deliver their external communications strategy, ensuring you are promoting and protecting the company's reputation.
You should be working in a mid-level/senior corporate communications position with relevant PR, digital and general communications experience.
The Successful Candidate Will Be Responsible For
- Responsible for developing and delivering a coordinated communications strategy and associated content across external channels to maintain, promote and protect the company's reputation.
- Responsible for the Group's digital, social and print channels.
- Identify, plan and execute proactive media, social and digital opportunities and campaigns.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving the company website with a view to bringing the platform in line with best practice.
- Project manage the Annual Report, ensuring content is aligned with broader strategic communications, repurposing content as appropriate.
- Custodian of the company's Brand and external voice, advising the business on its use and approving external content.
- Responsible for crisis communications plans and associated training.
- Ongoing assessment and evaluation of reputational risks associated with business.
- Work closely with in-country communications teams to ensure aligned messaging on corporate / operational matters.
- Manage the company's presence at key industry events.
- Arrange media/external training for staff where necessary.
- Evaluate communications performance, reporting to CFO team and Senior Management on a regular basis.
- Ability to identify and maximise opportunities to build company reputation.
- Solid understanding of best practice communications.
- Understanding and continual learning of current and emerging digital trends with clear recommendations of how they could be used to benefit the company.
- Strong organisational and networking skills.
- Credibility and ability to influence and operate at all levels in the Company.
- Creative thinking to deliver messages in an engaging way across multiple platforms on variable budgets.
- Excellent copy writing.
- Excellent project management.
- Understanding of key stakeholder groups in the oil & gas industry.
- Experience of working in a mid-level/senior corporate communication with relevant PR, digital and general communications experience.
- Demonstrable examples of previous proactive communications campaigns that have made a positive impact on a company's reputation.
- Proven ability to engage with stakeholders proactively.
- Experience of working with international teams and culturally sensitive practices.
- Oil & gas industry experience desirable but not essential
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.