Offshore Oil and Gas industry
The Lead Cost Controller ensures accurate, timely and value added analysis and reporting on a project or projects. The discipline contributes to the effective running of projects and comprises responsibility for, but not limited to cost performance status reporting.
The role ensures the provision of all cost control on the project including budget set up, updates and monitoring, change management, variation estimating, cost reporting, risk contingency and management as well as all forecasting activities. The role reports functionally to Cost Control Manager and directly to Project Control Manager on a specific project.
Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture across the company
- Continually strive to improve the Cost Control process and procedures, systems and best practice
- Ensure the use of standard, appropriate templates for financial, performance and customer reporting
- Ensure awareness of and adhesion to the Group procedures
- Support project cost controllers development by reviewing & explaining specific cost control process and requirement of the budgets they follow
- Develop a common understanding of the Tender budget through a review and analysis process with the relevant estimator and project team members
- Ensure the transfer of the Tender budget to the cost management system to form the basis of future monitoring and control
- Prepare and establish the Cost Breakdown Structure, and Budget Elements which describe the full structure to be used in the Cost Control System and that align into the Work Breakdown Structure, taking into consideration the interface with the Project Planning Function, where applicable
- Participate on estimate of Variations Orders, prepare supporting data and documentation and implement validated VO budgets into the Cost Management System
- Ensure in-depth analysis and reporting of variances on a periodic basis
- Ensure all costs are allocated to the right destinations (departments, contracting entities).
- Interface with budget owners on a regular basis to review commitments and challenge their forecasts
- Oversee the timely coding, collection, analysis and reporting of all project expenditure, together with the budget holder(s)
- Calculate and plan Estimate To Complete (ETC)
- Supervise and monitor the activities of the project cost control team
- Ensure Ecosys fully adopted by project and region
- Prepare the Project Monthly Status Report in association with the Package Manager and Project service manager.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of forecasted and actual expenditures and the production of project accruals
- Continuously interface with the Project Financial Control department to provide accurate cash flow forecasts and profit release as well as obtain the actual cost expenditures
- Review audit reports and other audit information as required by internal & external audit teams
- Operate within the Business Code of Conduct
- Support standards and procedures for the cost control function.
- Operate according to the company Management Principles
- Operate within legal frameworks and budgets
Preferred Experience and Education
- Demonstrable experience of delivering Cost Control and various types and size of project.
- Relevant previous experience at an appropriate level in the subsea or offshore environment
- Experience of establishing and leading Cost Control on projects
- Technical knowledge and application of Cost Control and associated systems
- Understanding of the Offshore Oil and Gas industry
Petroplan Today - Our Vision & Mission
Our core aim now, and since 1976, has been, and is, to provide exceptional talent solutions to the energy industry. This means delivering the right solutions to our business partners
- through specialist knowledge and tenacity,
- By creating strong business partnerships with our clients, contractors, candidates and suppliers, so that we can really understand their needs and truly assist,
- Through our dedicated expertise, focused only on the Energy sector
- By staying at the centre of the worldwide community for all those, we do business with.
Bringing over 44 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial, over 55 countries, 550 clients and 65 disciplines, our experience, specialist industry and technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
Remaining niche to the Oil and Gas and, latterly, Renewables sectors, we can provide in-depth workforce solutions, via delivery from our global sector teams focused on Oil and Gas, Technology, Renewable Energy, Commercial and Executive/C-suite. To this end, we believe we can offer the full breadth of bespoke solutions and services based on all our clients' needs.