Job Description -
Our client an ECP company are looking for a Lead Document Controller to join them on a contracted basis of 12 months in their office in London. The role will be offered with a negotiable day rate outside IR25, attractive benefits package and hybrid working a few days.
Job Overview -
As a Lead Document Controller you'll be reporting to PMC Projects Controller Manager and works under his direction working on the Red Sea project.
- Ensuring HSSEQ goals, objectives and targets are met through personal leadership and involvement.
- Safe delivery and handover of the project to the owner, suitability, safely on time, within budget, ensuring that a quality product is produced that represents 'best value' for the owner and their stakeholders.
- To act as a focal point for the receipt, registering, sorting, archiving and retrieval of all project documents related to the project.
- Coordinate and facilitate all necessary administrative support services for the project.
- Monitor, lead and follow up activities related to the administration and management of technical documentation for the project from the conception through to hand over, to ensure that all project documents are properly organized and maintained with the required level of integrity and confidentially.
- Administer all project official documents with owner and the ECP contractor and provide logistics coordination and support to the owner and PMC teams.
- Champion the Project Safety culture, behaviours and engagement activities.
- Reports to PMC Project Controls Manager and works under his direction
- Receives and stores all documents in accordance with the establish procedures. Identifies and segregates all documents by project number and files in accordance with the Project numbering system. Directs the reproduction, collation and distributions of documents for appropriate functional departments.
- Assist PMC personnel in locating and retrieving documents from archives and ensure their safe return
- Liaise with PMC personnel to ensure the receipt of complete documents, updated drawings, specifications or other project documents in accordance with specific EPC Contract conditions.
- Prepare and follow up requisitions for all documents, drawings and printing needs.
- Maintain monitoring systems for all incoming technical documents from ECP contractor.
- Establish and maintain listing of all project technical documents, specifications and drawings.
- Supervise control and monitor all incoming and outgoing project documents, reproduction and distribution to the owner, PMC team and the EPC Contractor.
- Use of scanner for conversation of all key documents to electronic files/PDF for easy access and distribution.
- Identify all documents that need retention or removal from the Project documentation room.
- Manage the archiving systems for the department documentation room and evaluate and recommend the methods for archiving, cross indexing and cataloguing of all documents and drawings.
- Ensure the proper follow up of the as built status of the documents and participate with the ECP contractor in categorizing these documents.
- Maintain up to date copies of PMC and owner processes and specifications.
- Arrange, segregate and issue drawings, Vendors manuals and all documents to the relevant owner concerned teams.
- Coordinate the proper handling tracking of owner technical documentation.
- Maintain close liaison and coordination with construction sites and other owner concerned teams to ensure that all project requirements are adhered to during project execution and ensure the smooth handover of completed documentation, as - builts to operations and maintenance teams at project close out.
- Liaise with the ECP contractor, Vendors and Suppliers to ensure the receipt of complete documents, updated drawings and specifications or other relevant documents in accordance with the specifications, and conditions of the EPC contract.
- Coordination and follow up for the timely completion of all project documentation related to activities e.g. document revision and updating, EPC contract and its amendments finalization correspondence with stakeholders, EPC Vendors, Suppliers and Subcontractors.
- Closely monitor and coordinate the different documents and drawings received from the EPC contractor, Vendors and Suppliers to ensure that project documentation is in accordance with the agreed deliverables register and clarify any queries or problems that might arise.
Qualifications & Experience -
- 12 years experience as a Document Controller.
- Experience in being able to monitor, lead and follow up activities related to the administration and management of technical documentation for the project from the conception through to hand over, to ensure that all project documents are properly organized and maintained with the required level of integrity and confidentially.
- Be able to identify all documents that need retention or removal from the Project documentation room.
- Work closely and support other teams.
- Be able to coordinate and facilitate all necessary administrative support services for the project.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.