OVERVIEW OF ROLE
- The Lead SCM Specialist is responsible for the operational implementation of one or more elements of the SCM strategy to their defined business area. They will be responsible for developing and implementing their own, local plans and ongoing improvements to support the global SCM aims and to contribute to a highly efficient, cost driven Supply Chain function.
- In a project, the SCM Lead will be the owner of a complex subcontract or PO by managing all aspect of the contract and coordinating all engineering issues related to the product to deliver, in line with the project SCM strategy.
Specific Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Ensure compliance with all Supply Chain policies, process and procedures
- Proactively contribute to the project definition of SCM strategies and goals and the achievement of these
- Ensure highly effective implementation of the sourcing strategy for the assigned business area via business partnering initiatives, knowledge and expertise
- Manage the process and stake holders relevant to the specific role, including internal challenges and support to client negotiation.
- Accountable from the issuance of the RFQ, the selection, management and monitoring of suppliers, up to the product or service delivery to the end user.
- Coordinate and/or perform commercial and contractual analysis, schedule evaluation of bids, and incorporate technical evaluation from Engineering, QA, QC & HSE. Finalise the bid summary and make recommendations to the Project SCM Manager for technically acceptable solutions.
- Report according to project requirement, on progress and problems on the Awards.
- Manage commercial and financial issues arising from his/her assigned subcontract or Purchase order-negotiate all Variation/change Orders and provide regular cost forecast of PO/subcontract
- Ensure SCM capitalises from lessons learned and is performed in accordance with best practice, striving to mitigate risk, promoting safety and integrity consistently
- Take full ownership for the implementation of his/her section of the Project Procurement Plan, together with Project Management, Engineering (and/or others as appropriate and applicable)
- Degree in a relevant discipline (Engineering or Business) or qualified by experience
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.