Project Operations Engineer
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Project Operations Engineer (POE) assists the Project Operations Manager (POM) in planning the activities related to Operations during projects and tenders.
The POE may cover a lead role in tenders depending on experience. The position involves the effective administration, planning and execution of operations, through the coordination of a multi-disciplinary effort. This role suits those with a passion for being on the front line and making things happen.
The POE is accountable to the POM for the safe and efficient execution of all agreed scopes during projects, in accordance with planning constraints, associated cost envelope and quality requirements.
The POE is also accountable to support tenders, interfacing with the Tender Lead, Logistics, Planners and Estimators, Engineering, Fabrication, Pipeline Group and SCM in order to produce the required deliverables for the leanest and most efficient offer.
SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Prepare, review and comment Technical Documents (procedures, drawings, rigging and sea fastenings design, schedules, etc…) to support operations.
- Participate to the definition of the required offshore spread for the project/tender including construction vessels, support and transportation vessels.
- Liaise with SCM to select 3rd party vessels and operations related services and assets by preparing SOWs and reviewing technical offers.
- Participate to installation feasibility reviews and HIRAs and provide operational input to the Engineering and Planning functions.
- Support the POM in all the vessels readiness activities:- drive and monitor the progress of Marine Assurance on assigned vessels.
- Review vessels POBs (including project personnel and 3rd parties) and organise the manning of chartered vessels with the support of Crewing.
- Responsible for ensuring that the installation spread has full support, in terms of Logistic, Transportation, Safety, & Certification etc.
- Support the POM in developing the baseline Project schedule.
- Ensure 3rd party services costs and planning are tracked and monitor their cost base.
- Assist Project/Field Engineers on vessel readiness and during mob/demob activities.
- Plan and coordinate activities in yards and at quaysides to deliver the assigned scope.
- Ensure that project equipment is mobilized/demobilized in an efficient and timely fashion.
- Supervise material tracking activity through the project's material tracker, and ensure equipment inspection, readiness, delivery, tracking & demobilisation.
- Liaise with the in-country team to ensure operations are planned and run efficiently.
- Assist in the co-ordination of the logistic support activities, (Freight forwarding, Shipping, OPL), through the in-country logistic organisation.
- Support HSE initiatives/activities to ensure that the work will be done safely and efficiently. Provide input to the Project Operations Debrief Report and to the lessons learnt.
- Identify the key Operations deliverables and establish the platform to support an effective tender submission through development of the schedule, cost comparisons, vessel and personnel operational requirements.
- Liaise with the Pursuit team and the Tender Lead to develop the tender operational strategy.
- Coordinate and consolidate all inputs from multiple disciplines (Engineering, SCM, Fabrication, Operations, etc…) to support the development of the operational planning.
- Think out of the box to improve the offshore schedule and make the most of the constraints.
- Define requirements and produce SOWs for 3rd party vessels and assets chartering/hiring.
- Support the estimators in producing costing for the tender and its options.
- Liaise with Engineering and VOMs to define vessels POBs and provide input to Estimating.
- Throughout the tender ensure:- adherence to tendering procedures and processes and maintain traceability throughout the tender and post tender clarification and negotiation phases;- adherence to operations department ways of working to organise the activities and store the tender experience for future use/handover to project team
- Support the Tender Lead with the preparation of presentations for gate reviews with the management team and Executives.
- Support the tender lead and region with the post submission clarifications and negotiations.
- Organise and host meetings with the disciplines to facilitate the offshore schedule review.
- Identify and constantly update the key Operations related risks throughout the tender.
The successful candidates shall have/be:
- Extensive offshore experience having worked onboard pipelay/construction vessels (ideally previously Field Engineer or similar).
- Knowledge of subsea construction, onshore fabrication recommended.
- Able to demonstrate commitment to HSE and keen to promote safe practices.
- Skilled in the co-ordination of multiple interfaces across functions.
- A strong work ethic, willing to working in highly changeable environments, meeting tight deadlines whilst delivering high quality outcomes.
- Committed to collaborative working in a multi-location team environment.
- Mobility to travel to all international locations for short business trips or missions.
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of French/Portuguese would be an advantage.
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.