- Well planning - work with subsurface team to support SOR delivery, write drilling Basis of Design, hand over Basis of Design to the in-country based team as per the Well Delivery Process
- Act as point of contact in Well Engineering Department for Subsurface and Exploration well planning
- Lead conductor jetting review: define and agree scope, identify competent companies capable of completing the work, receive quotes in conjunction with C&P, award and manage delivery.
- Lead review of annular cement requirements and quality across cap rock in higher angle wells. Manage study if required. Agree findings with the in-country based team; build recommendation into Field Wide BoD.
- Review existing light architecture (swedge) wells. Recommend applicability across future development wells.
- Optional scope: reduced hole size development well review based on 3 ½" tubing gas wells.
- Support Chief Well Engineering on engineering software evaluation.
- Update current Drilling Field Wide Basis of Design and re-issue
- Extensive experience in well planning and delivery of development wells BoDs
- Experience of working with engineering contractors in a client role
- Knowledge and application of well construction regulatory requirements, industry codes and standards relating to the offshore oil and gas industry
- Strong personal commitment to Health, Safety & Environmental Performance
- Good communication skills with the ability to work effectively with client and contractor personnel
- Ability to work proactively & independently.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.