Senior Installation Analysis Engineer
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Develop the overall installation analysis scope package, including but not limited to Flexible / Umbilical / Cable Lay, Structure and Mooring installation.
- Ensure the in-place analysis scope of static Flexible flowlines and jumpers
- Coordinate a team of analysis engineers (Typically from 2 to 8) to meet required engineering works, optimisation, workload, schedule etc.
- Support various training and continuous improvements initiatives such as:
- Develop internal tools, guidelines, templates and training material
- Encourage knowledge sharing within the discipline.
- Support trainees and less experienced engineers
Responsibility at the start of the Project / Tender / FEED:
- Identify the scope of work, specifications, schedule and inter-discipline requirements.
- Understand project/client expectations and gather applicable past lessons learnt.
- Identity the required project interfaces and agree on a schedule and resource plan with department managers
- Organise KOM with the analysis team, installation method team, discipline managers, and project engineering manager.
- Assist in preparation of estimates for bid proposals, including technical query reviews, execution statements and manhour estimates.
Responsibility during the Project / Tender / FEED:
- Prepare discipline engineering design basis, philosophies, technical specifications, and design reports as required.
- Perform and review the OrcaFlex analysis confirming it adheres with the agreed design brief and basis. Ensure that QA/QC process is correctly followed in the team.
- Maintain relevant project Interface and ensure alignment with other design engineering departments, Installation Method Engineers, SPS suppliers, Client, Engineering Managers, and Flexible / Umbilical Engineers.
- Organise a regular meeting with the analysis team and maintain the action register. Issue regular reporting including document progress, resource mobilization planning, manhour tracking, and ensure technical changes with respect to the base scope are tracked properly.
- Attend project review meetings, vendor meetings and engineering meetings organised by other disciplines
- Organise and chair the analysis engineering review (internal and external)
- Participate in customer and third-party technical audits on engineering deliverables and vendor documents.
- Bachelor in Naval Architecture, Mechanical / Structural / Civil / Hydrodynamic engineering. Master's degree or PhD preferred
- Relevant experience in the oil and gas industry or equivalent, with a preference in EPCI contractor or consultant predominantly performing construction and installation design.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of design techniques and installation analysis in OrcaFlex, with an understanding of applicable standard codes (e.g. DNVGL-ST-N001).
- Experience in developing small engineering teams.
Systems where further knowledge is desirable:
- Naval architecture.
- Offshore experience.
- Python knowledge.
- Rigid riser design.
- Flexible pipe and umbilical design.
- Home office site - Sutton
- Requirement for some international travel (as required)
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.