Tendering Engineer (Commercial Lead)
The Tendering Engineer (Commercial Lead) to be based in London (UK). The Global Projects Centre (GPC), part of the GPC&AP region, specializes in the tendering and execution of large, complex EPCI projects across all global Oil and Gas regions and the emerging markets of the Energy Transition.
The position involves the effective; administration, preparation and execution of tenders, through the coordination of the multi-disciplinary effort required to establish the company technical and commercial proposals across a range of construction projects (commercial lead role, as per role description).
The position reports Tendering Director
Specific Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Establish the platform to support an effective tender submission through development of the tender organization, budget, schedule and administrative controls.
- Collaborate with the Pursuit team and Tender lead to develop and communicate the winning strategy for the tender.
- Coordinate and consolidate all inputs from multiple disciplines (Engineering, SCM, Tax, Operations….) to support the development of the commercial proposal.
- Obtain all necessary approvals through adherence to tendering procedures and processes and maintain traceability throughout the tender and post tender clarification and negotiation phases.
- Develop and maintain an effective and collaborative interface with client and JV/Consortium partners throughout the tender process.
- Control the efficient performance of the tender through; ensuring strict adherence to the tender schedule, action tracking and close out, facilitation of weekly and gate review meetings and budget tracking.
- Support the Tender Lead with the preparation and presentation at gate reviews with the GPC&AP management team and Executives.
- Deliver to the client a compliant, high-quality tender submission on time in both electronic and hard copy format as required.
- Support the tender lead and region with the post submission clarifications and negotiations to secure the win.
- Actively support the delivery of the company Integration Alliance tenders, maintaining a close and collaborative working relationship
KEY RELATIONSHIPS/ STAKEHOLDERS
- Clients during pre-tender, tender engagement sessions and post submission clarification/negotiation phase
- Alliance, Consortium and JV partners, as required
- Proposal Manager / Tender Lead
- Tender Estimating Engineer
- 7 functions and departments involved in the tendering process: SCM, Operations & Planning, Legal, Contract, Risk, Tax, Treasury, HSEQ, Engineering, Floating Wind etc.
- Sales & Marketing team from the Region
- GPC Tendering Director
- GPC&AP Sales & Marketing Director
- GPC&AP Leadership Team when relevant
- Senior Executives during tender boards
We are recruiting for dynamic, motivated personnel looking for a new challenge to progress their career. The tendering lead role is ideal for those interested in the opportunity to contribute to the acquisition of new business and supporting the company overall growth strategy, through Oil and Gas and emerging markets of the Energy Transition. The lead tendering engineer role can provide essential commercial and contractual experience for those from a technical background seeking a transition towards package and project management.
The successful candidates shall have/be:
- Committed to the highest levels of confidentiality and integrity;
- Commercial awareness and the desire and capacity to learn new skills;
- A strong work ethic, able to work to demanding schedules;
- Rigorous and thorough, to ensure strict adherence to tendering procedures and produce work of a consistently high standard;
- Organizational skills with strong ability to coordinate and motivate teamwork;
- Mobility to travel to all international locations for short business trips or missions;
- Committed to collaborative working in a multi-location team environment;
- Fluent spoken and written English.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.