We are currently supporting a major EPC that specialises in offshore and deep sea projects in their search for a Senior Accountant to join them on a staff basis in their South London offices.
This is an exciting opportunity to take on a high visibility role and have responsibility for the organization's consolidated cash flow reporting, and financial support to tenders on their largest projects. The ideal candidate will be a part-qualified accountant (or equivalent degree holder), with experience in Finance functions, and understanding of large-scale construction projects involving multiple entities and currencies.
The individual will be a highly motivated and practical person, comfortable working under their own initiative, but also be able to respond to tight deadlines and deliverables as and when requested by Management.
Specific Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Consolidate monthly cash flow submission to Corporate Treasury and provide support to the organization's annual budget and five year plan process as well as other ad-hoc cash flow scenario exercises
- Work with project teams to continually improve cash flow accuracy, optimize cash position and support the development of our strategies for liquidity, financing and currency exposure management
- Monitor cash receivables and follow up with projects to ensure timely cash collection
- Continually seek to improve our cash flow reporting process and procedures as well as our systems and tools
- Work with multi-disciplinary tender teams to provide timely support to the development of our commercial strategies and proposals
- Coordinate the various stakeholders within the Tender, Taxes and Treasury teams to develop, document and approve financial recommendation to tenders in line with Group tendering policies and specific requirements of each tender
- Ensure awareness of and adhesion to the Group procedures and systems as well as the use of effective and consistent ways of working across the portfolio
- Ensure proactive methods in sharing knowledge and experience, raising areas of difficulty and concern and assisting in improving routines
- Act as focal point for Treasury and Tendering subjects within Finance
- Operate with the highest standards of integrity, preserving the confidentiality of the information available with the role
- Be a part-qualified accountant (or equivalent degree holder) with prior experience in Finance roles, ideally in similar organisation delivering construction projects and operating in multiple entities and currencies.
- Work collaboratively within multi-national, multi-location teams
- Be able to prepare high quality/accuracy, engaging reports and presentations, suitable for a senior audience review.
- Be motivated to continue to learn and support the region on the development of our strategies as well as new tools and reporting requirements to improve our cash flow reporting and control.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of all common business software applications (Microsoft suite) and be able to quickly learn and maximise the value from new applications
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.