The role reports to the RD&T Sector Manager and is accountable for Category Management responsibilities primarily with the Seismic Sub-Sector and additional RD&T Sub-Sectors.
The role will primarily support the global Seismic Category Leads in development and implementing Category strategies, managing Category demand, managing supplier relationships, delivering business value, supporting sourcing and contracting delivery, ensuring compliance, and reducing operational risk through efficient and effective delivery in line with demand plans.
Category Specialist - RD&T Seismic
- Support the development, delivery, and implementation of Global Category Strategies for Seismic acquisition, data processing, and data library/license.
- Support the development and management of accurate demand forecasts and demand data for assigned Sub-Categories.
- Work with Line representatives to align the Category Management Plan with most current business plans.
- Understand the range of products/services inside Category, supply characteristics and the interdependencies of the global and regional supply market (i.e., market intelligence)
- Manage relationships with senior stakeholders such as Res Dev Director of Geophysics and Seismic Delivery, Region Seismic Delivery Managers, and VP Exploration while influencing sourcing and contracting decisions.
- Identify, evaluate, and develop innovative solutions for supply of seismic acquisition, processing, and license procurement.
- Support S&C in execution of sourcing and contracting to deliver effective and efficient sourcing activity; conformance with CMcp, compliance with relevant laws and regulations, assurance of spend within approved budgets and where applicable, JF partner and NOC approval.
- Work closely with CAMs to support supplier management activities by providing performance data against agreed KPIs, addressing HSSE performance, implementing and managing supplier Continuous Improvement Plans / Performance Improvement Plans as directed.
- Support RD&T in the management of contracts for the global category - working with Procurement Services, Line/CAMs, Technology Commercial Management, and Category teams (including contract renewals, change requests / variations, cost management, etc.).
- Coordinate and engage HSE, Quality, Finance, Technical and Legal specialists as required to support sourcing and supplier management activities.
- University degree in Engineering, Procurement or other technical discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate with internal stakeholders across multiple disciplines, cultures and geographies, across organizational boundaries and levels within the client and with suppliers.
- Working knowledge of systems such as Ariba, Backbone and SAP will be an asset and software tools such as Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Access, etc
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.
Ref No: BBBH37135