Petroplan are recruiting for a Design engineer to join a leading Renewable Energy Developer specialised in Solar and battery storage.
The ideal candidate will need to assist with the management of the design aspects of the projects, instructions surveys, grid connection application and planning. The design provided will have to meet the feasibility and profitability, and comply with the current regulations and standards in the UK.
* Designing PV systems, particularly industrial and agricultural.
* Preparing single-line diagrams, equipment layouts, and shading analyses.
* Keeping up to date with the latest design software, PV technologies and UK regulations.
* Providing technical support and training to other team members.
* Being the go-to technical and design expertise person for any support required in the development of projects.
* Technically reviewing new equipment and, where warranted, using the latest equipment to roll out design improvements.
* Undertake initial yield assessment of potential solar sites
* Bachelor's Degree in Renewable Energy, Engineering, or related discipline.
* Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in utility-scale solar farm
* Proficiency in using CAD, PVSol, PVsyste software
* Proficient with MS Office and comfortable at creating models on Excel to assist with your designs/assessment.
* Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
* Knowledge and experience in working with distribution network operators (DNO)
* Team player with great communication skills and a structured way of working.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.