I am currently recruiting for a Head of Fleet Performance for a global energy provider here in Dubai, UAE.
This role will require relocation to Dubai. Full family expat package on offer.
The Head of Fleet Performance will support and report the operational performance of the Thermal, Water and Renewable assets in the AMEA region and to drive the Data Management solutions selected by the Group.
The position manages also a team of two Fleet Performance Managers, one dedicated for the Renewable Thermal asset and one for the Thermal and Water assets, also supporting the implementation of Digital Solutions decided by the Group.
- Set up and provide policies & governance rules for O&M, Experience Feedback, Objectives and KPi monitoring, related to operational performance.
- Challenge and support the assets and O&M Teams in setting their operational performance objectives and improvement.
- Steer the performance of the Thermal fleet and the Renewable fleet by challenging plants/O&M management with respect to Group benchmarks and guidance.
- Support the relationships of assets/fleet managers with OEM and main equipment suppliers in order to assess and challenge their contributions to Asset Performance (RAM follow-up for instance).
- Monitor compliance and performance with Group policies procedures & methods.
- Organize and drive the operational reporting at regional level.
- In coordination with TS-GBU Digital and Data Management, contribute to the selection and the deployment of Data Management Solutions in the region and within the Assets.
- Propose and develop any reporting or data management tool for the purpose of TS-GBU AMEA fleet management.
- Develop and implement methodologies in order to improve the maturity of the O&M organization and processes for both Thermal and Renewable Fleets.
- In coordination with Budget Controllers, analyze assets performance to identify and suggest potential savings. Challenge Budget and MTP assumptions, especially on Load Factor / Production projections as well as relevant Capex needs.
- In coordination with TS-GBU CO2 managers and Group CSR team, contribute to the follow-up and the forecast of assets CO2 footprint.
- Highlight performance gaps and propose recommendations. Set-up performance reviews, define corrective actions and follow-up plans together with Asset managers and COOs in relevant countries.
- Review and challenge projects before they are presented to Commitment or Investment Committees for their operational performance forecasts.
- Assure and manage return of experience, good practices, and information sharing.
- Set-up and lead a Networking Group for Thermal and Water assets Performance.
- Contribute to incident analysis and Root Cause Analysis.
- Analyze and optimize fleet insurance strategy in collaboration with the Insurance Team AMEA.
- Watch the evolution of best practices on O&M and performance improvement.
- Evaluate the impact of regulatory issues on the fleet performance, in connection with Asset Management in countries.
Degree / Experience
- Engineering degree.
- Min 15 years' experience in the Energy Sector.
- Extensive experience of power plant engineering and design, operations, and maintenance practices.
- Experience in interaction with and influence of people at all levels and of differing cultures, both internally and externally.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.