|Junior Business Analyst - Renewable Energy Development
6 month FTC contract - Central London
|We have a unique opportunity for a student/graduate/postgraduate placement with experience in maritime, engineering, mathematics, physics, science or business to join one of the most exciting and fast growing Renewable Energy Development companies in the UK.
Our client develops projects globally across Solar, Battery Storage, Wind, Marine and Transportation.
Based in London, there is an opportunity for a student/recent graduate with a passion for renewable energy and clean energy to join the business as a Junior Business Analyst.
We expect the successful candidate to have:
- Contract: initially 6 months - with development opportunities for permanent employment after the placement.
- Salary: approx £30k per year (pro-rata)
- Interest and passion for marine and/or renewable energy and decarbonation.
- Able to conduct market research on perspective customers and stakeholders, analyse their respective business models and recommend what type of business could be doing with them.
- Support with other business activities as appropriate.
- Experience with using Microsoft Excel.
- Managing data and undertaking commercial and business due diligence.
- Smart, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial mindset that is capable to work with colleagues in several continents.
- The role will also cover broad responsibilities for supporting the marine team undertaking various tasks including business analysis, market research, support with elements of presentation, market due diligence, reports etc.
- Effective communicator able to conduct market research and summarise the findings in structured based approach which involves describing the business opportunities and ranking them in a clear priority order.
- Be part the market research and business analysis team.
- Work proactively with other teams in area of financing, engineering, environment and IT.
- Willingness to present and participate in discussions with senior management of the company.
- Willingness to undertake variety of tasks with appropriate guidance.
- Student/graduate/postgraduate placement having educational experience in maritime, engineering, mathematics, physics, science or business.
- Able to work collaboratively across a team.
- Report writing, communication and project management skills.
- Renewable energy project development and/or experience in maritime sector is a plus.
- Experience in supporting multiple projects.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.