Standards Manager - EV Charging Infrastructure
Petroplan have an exciting opportunity for a Standards Manager to join a Major Global Operator based in London who are rapidly expanding their EV Infrastructure and Capability worldwide.
Day rate: approx. £400 - £420 per day (INSIDE of IR35)
Contract Length: minimum 12 months (likely to be on-going)
Location: London - hybrid - 3 days per week in the office
The Standards manager - EV charging Infrastructure will focus on these main tasks:
* Leads the development, updating, co-ordinating and consolidating regulatory, business and local standards into a global fit for purpose suite that meets the business's changing needs.
* Responsible for leading technical standard and business process documentation development and maintenance.
* Provide leadership on technical standards and business documentation.
* Provides leadership on processes and procedures to develop the business.
* Supports the Central Engineering team on management information, data management, project coordination and various execution activities to improve team delivery.
* Owns and manages development, changes, updating and use of standards and business documents.
* Provides assurance that requirements are being correctly applied across regions.
* Interfaces closely with the Document Control team reporting to Controls department.
* Align global EV requirements with internal and regional technical standards
* Provides a link to Engineering Practice Control Authority to ensure all relevant requirements are captured.
* Develops and manages the document commenting and lesson learnt processes and implementation thereof.
* Expert advice and point of contact for Engineering, Procurement and Construction management contractor related queries on standards, processes and procedures.
* Keeps abreast of Industry standards and any regulatory changes.
* Owns and manages the master document register for all requirements and global documents.
* Ensures every document has an assigned author and checker, engage with them to ensure that the document is prepared and/or updated as planned and as defined and is published for use.
* Manages the development of documents listed on the Master Document register.
* Manages improvements and updates to documents as experience is gained and improvements are identified.
* Develop and manage the document comment and lesson learnt processes and incorporate agreed improvements into the documents
* Manages the integration of regional requirements into the global requirements, seeking synergies and optimisation opportunities.
* Works closely with pulse Document Control team to provide effective document control.
* Monitors and ensures that the latest versions of the documents and newly created documents are circulated correctly within the team as well as on various projects and with external contractors.
* Carries out/support process/procedure audits.
* As required, arranges team workshops/other to optimise and update key requirements documents.
* Develops and manages document update and improvement process suitable for both contractors and to use.
* Monitors regulatory requirements in all countries company has a presence, identifies key requirements and risks
* Manages the digitalisation of key requirements documents
* Manages the use of digitalised requirements across EPCs and third parties.
* Manages the compliance flow of third party and internal documents.
* Leads Management of Change (MoC) processes related to technical requirements.
* Develops and implements an assurance process to monitor use and conformance by all user of the technical and business requirements.
* Monitors and reports on key result areas and manages gap closure activities.
* Supports central and execution team as required on various project activities/development work.
* Tertiary education of recognised prior learning in start-up or energy industry sector.
* Ideally higher education in engineering or operations, preferably electrical engineering or similar.
* Familiarisation with document management tools (ALIM Bentley, Project management control systems, etc.)
* Familiarisation with Process mapping and optimisation tools.
* Key ability to identify, address and complete activities.
Experience and skills
* 3 years of experience in industry using standards and procedures.
* Experience in electrical engineering design works will be an advantage.
* Experience in Operations using standards and processes will be an advantage.
* Excellent ability to influence others outside their line to deliver activities.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain compelling relationships.
* Proven ability to interact with multiple functions within an organisation to deliver goals, and more broadly, with the functions in the group that are working in the space of project delivery, operations and procurement.
* Proven track record of performing in high-intensity environments, operating within tight financial resources and meeting challenging deadlines.
* Positive personality, with energetic leadership style and strong resilience.
* A good balance of structured/holistic thinking with fast moving and pragmatic execution.
* Passionate about continuous improvement, process efficiency and collaboration.
* Develop a structured process to increase efficiency in delivery of the above objectives.
* Display a "can do" attitude.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.