We are currently recruiting for a Subsea Riser Engineer to work for an operator based in the London area on a long term contract.
Subsea Riser Engineer will be responsible for total 'delivery' (design, procurement, fabrication, installation and testing) of the riser system for tie-back projects.
He/She must have Flexible Riser's experience
He/she will lead the Riser Delivery team by working with the Design Contractor, Material Suppliers, Fabricators and Installers, as well as the project management services contractor.
He/she will also work with the Sub-Surface, Wells, Facilities and Operations teams to ensure the effective integration of the riser system into the overall project.
The Subsea Riser Engineer also supports ongoing operations/field team activity for existing fields. The candidate would aid the asset support engineers to troubleshoot any problem, and aid in looking ahead to be proactive in the health of the riser system.
In this role, there will be an opportunity to mentor junior engineers.
- Demonstrate good safe work practices
- Determine subsea riser alternatives with project engineer
- Estimate costs and timing to bring the project to sanction
- Develop and maintain a project execution plan for the design, procurement, manufacture, testing and installation of the riser system
- Ensure all Value Improvement Practices are incorporated into riser design
- Provide and implement an assurance plan for leading the design, construction, installation, and commissioning assurance reviews
- Manage the riser system and suppliers through execution of the project work plan to ensure that the projects objectives in terms of HSE, reliability, operability, schedule and budget are met
- Technical oversight of engineering contractor (including hydraulics, riser design, assistance with Environmental Impact Assessment, oversight of preparation of specifications, and preparation of permit applications)
- Engage field personnel to get their active involvement in the design process and evolution of system operating guidelines - Lead qualification testing programs, HAZOPS, Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and System Integration Testing (SIT)
- Develop a preventative maintenance program detailing required activities, timing, and responsibilities
- Interface with other project teams to progress the standardization initiative where it adds value to the projects
- Participate in development, execution and application of riser technology development programs
- Provide leadership in demonstrating commitment to our safety policy of No accidents, No harm to people, and No harm to the environment Seasoned professional position requiring a Bachelors degree and 5-7 years experience
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects in over forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national corporations, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information on how Petroplan can help you, please feel free to visit our About Us page here; https://www.petroplan.com/about/
Ref No: BBBH35645