Front End Development Manager
London or Europe
A Development Manager is required to work on a staff opportunity with a leading client of ours in Europe. The development manager will require a broad set of skills from subsurface through to project economics.
The development manager will require the ability to structure high-level development strategies from often poorly known assets, where an infinite number of development options could exist.
Main Duties and Accountabilities
- Involvement in the early identification of opportunities working closely with company CGO and NBD managers. This requires desktop reviews of data room information, regular traveling to meet with the potential business partners and doing high level screening evaluations.
- Making the case for the business opportunity, through putting together a set of technical/economic reports, outlining the key performance indicators of the opportunity (NPV, CAPEX, OPEX, sensitivity to main uncertainties), the main alternatives and articulating the development strategy to be followed.
- Actively manage and contribute to the technical work, which is a mix of in-house engineering work (feasibility & concept select level) and outsourced engineering work (FEED, basic design).
- Defining scope of work for feasibility/ concept or feed work to be performed by external parties and organising tendering and award process.
- Interfacing with the reservoir-engineering department to ensure an integrated development approach between facilities and reservoir/ wells development plan.
- Approaching the field development with key basic understanding of the facilities required through high-level process simulation using HYSYS.
- Managing the outsourced facilities engineering work, typically made of 2 to 8 weeks study periods, and very often provided out of UK, Netherlands, Italy, and Greece.
- Engaging with external service providers to maintain good overview of technology available and maximise their early contribution to the studies.
- Participating in business meetings (once a month in average) to learn more about the opportunity or development partnerships.
- Supporting existing operations focusing on medium to long-term growth opportunities: green field tie back, Enhanced Oil Recovery, Gas monetisation.
- 7-10 years of experience within Upstream Oil & Gas Industry
- Master level education or equivalent in Petroleum Engineering
- Knowledge level in Subsurface: basic knowledge in reservoir and well engineering
- Knowledge level in Flow Assurance: for steady state analysis of simple pipeline systems
- Skill level in Surface Facilities: Good process engineering skills with ability to develop basic and robust Hysys/ Hysis models autonomously
- Knowledge level in Economics: Ability to put together a basic Project economic evaluation tool
- Excellent written & presentation skills
- Excellent analytical & synthesis skills
- Excellent command in English (written & verbal)
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH33627