Our client, a mid-sized Operator within the petro-chemical field, are seeking an experienced Construction Manager to oversee a major greenfield project in Louisiana.
Ideal candidates will come from a strong field based background and have been involved in major capital Projects from project execution through to commissioning and operations.
The Construction Manager is responsible for the overall field construction effort in which he/she is assigned. The position is supported by the project support functions within the Engineering Group, Engineering Contractors, and Project Construction Management staff. The Construction Manager is responsible for the overall management of the field construction and contractors' construction efforts.
- Assists the Site Construction Manager with ensuring the workforce is committed to the Incident and Injury Free philosophy, creating a safe working environment.
- Manages a safety program that complies with OSHA's standards, and the Project HSSE Plan.
- Assists the Site Construction Manager with ensuring quality work from contractors and tier subcontractors meets or exceeds heavy industrial quality standards, project specifications, procedures, and design drawing requirements.
- Assists the Site Construction Manager with ensuring the contractors and tier subcontractors are qualified to perform their assigned duties on the project.
- Reviews and monitor field work schedules and ensure contractors and tier subcontractors compliance to the construction schedule and budget
- Manages and directs the field construction staff
- Responsible for managing, coordinating, and monitoring contractors and tier subcontractors to ensure proper execution of construction according to contract terms and conditions, and in accordance with the project's plans, specifications, and standards
- Review, comment, or approve contractor field changes to the contractors' and tier subcontractors' scope of work prior to the changes being performed
- Maintains a daily log of all pertinent events to the project and submits the log to the Site Construction Manager at the end of the project
- Assists the Site Construction Manager with preparing the final close out report
Experience / Education
- Construction Management Degree preferred
- 10 years of experience in construction management required
- Proficient in MS Office and Visio required; Bluebeam & Adobe preferred
- Team player and excellent communication skills (verbal and written) required
- Skilled in reading drawings, technical writing, understanding of specifications, codes, and standards
- Knowledgeable of governmental and agency permits
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30321