Our client, a global mid-sized Operator within the Oil & Gas Industry, has a requirement for an experienced Rotating Equipment Engineer with a focus on reliability and maintenance on equipment at their petro-chem facility.
The role will be based near Baton Rouge, Louisiana and will be a direct hire / permanent opportunity working for the client. Relocation assistance will be provided for candidates outwith the local area.
Responsible for providing rotating equipment reliability strategies, systems and engineering advice to allow the Maintenance Department to cost effectively achieve plant availability and reliability requirements, comply with all relevant and statutory legislation and meet the requirements of all internal standards and procedures.
- Works under general direction from the Reliability Supervisor and is responsible for performing detailed reliability studies and detailed calculations of component/system reliabilities.
- Originates and develops analysis methods for determining reliability of components, equipment, and processes.
- Maintains lifecycle evaluations of mechanical equipment in order to proactively determine, in a timely fashion, opportunities for dealing with equipment obsolescence.
- Acquires data and analyzes the data. Prepares diagram, charts, drawings, calculations and reports for defining reliability problems and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Conducts an analysis of reliability problems and investigates to determine the reliability required for the particular situation considering the cost limitations for equipment up/down time, repair/replacement costs and availability of materials/equipment.
Experience / Education
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering preferred; or other relevant Engineering discipline
- 10 years' experience in the Petrochemical or related industry preferred.
- 10 years' experience with large rotating equipment (>25,000 Kw) preferred.
- 5 years Maintenance experience preferred.
- Experience with development and implementation of Strategy
- Experience with Predictive and Preventative Maintenance programs
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis
- Experience in Condition Based Monitoring, Bentley Nevada (or similar), Vibration analysis and Lubrication analysis.
- Knowledgeable in computer software such as MS Excel, MS Word, and Maximo (or other similar ERP)
- Experience in internal consulting and presentations, including strong interpersonal communication skills
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to formulate and communicate sound recommendations.
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH31164