Petroplan is seeking an experienced Rotating Equipment Engineer - Reliability for our client, a major petrochemical operator based in the Geismar, LA area. Candidates with experience working in the petrochemical industry with large rotating equipment are preferred.
The Rotating Equipment Engineer - Reliability will be responsible for providing rotating equipment reliability strategies and systems and engineering advice to allow the maintenance department to cost effectively achieve plant availability and reliability requirements. The Rotating Equipment Engineer - Reliability will also be responsible for the compliance with all relevant and statutory legislation, and will be required to meet the requirements of all internal standards and procedures.
- Works under general direction from the reliability supervisor and is responsible for performing detailed reliability studies and detailed calculations of component/system reliability
- Originates and develops analysis methods for determining reliability of components, equipment, and processes
- Maintains lifecycle evaluations of mechanical equipment in order to proactively determine, in a timely fashion, opportunities for dealing with equipment obsolescence
- Acquires data and analyzes the data. Prepares diagrams, charts, drawings, calculations and reports for defining reliability problems and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Conducts an analysis of reliability problems and investigates to determine the reliability required for the particular situation considering the cost limitations for equipment
- Determines the cost advantages of alternatives for developing action plans to comply with internal/external customer demands for reliability processes/equipment to avoid failures
- Considers impact of costs on recommended action plans for avoiding/correcting problems during the design phase or remedial action for correcting reliability problems on installed equipment
- Design, review and modify the preventative maintenance program focused on rotating equipment
- Facilitates investigation to determine root cause of failure for all serious, major and potentially major reliability incidents
- Develops and maintains equipment repair, inspection, construction and selection standards
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, mechanical engineering preferred; or other relevant engineering discipline
- 10 years' experience in the petrochemical or related industry preferred.
- 10 years' experience with large rotating equipment (>25,000 Kw) preferred.
- 5 years maintenance experience preferred.
- Experience with reliability techniques and analysis
- Experience with predictive and preventative maintenance programs
- Experience with root cause analysis
- Experience in condition based monitoring, Bentley Nevada (or similar), vibration analysis and lubrication analysis
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH32556