Petroplan is seeking an experienced Rotating Equipment Supervisor for our client, a major petrochemical operator based in the Geismar, LA area. Candidates with at least 10 years in a maintenance supervisory role will be strongly considered.
The rotating equipment supervisor will lead mechanical maintenance resources to cost-effectively maintain the rotating equipment used to operate a petrochemical production facility. Personnel safety, environmental protection, and the reliable operations of the plant to achieve production targets will be among the Rotating Equipment Supervisor's key responsibilities.
- Effectively manage the budget and the execution schedule of the rotating equipment team.
- Effectively manage capital projects work that is assigned to the maintenance department
- Ensures all work is completed safely and cost effectively to achieve the required quality and schedule
- Manages the day to day work within the plant area
- Implements the maintenance program within the plant area
- Manages unplanned breakdowns ensuring appropriate planning and controls are incorporated into each event
- Supervises shutdown and turnaround work within the plant area
- Manages rotating equipment maintenance contracts and contractor relationships
- Manages the facilities associated with the rotating equipment group
- Responds to operations priorities to minimize production loss
- Ensures that all maintenance work is integrated into the operations department requirements
- Ensures there is effective integration with the other supervisors and other groups of the maintenance department
- In conjunction with the reliability and lead maintenance engineers, develops and optimizes the maintenance program to meet plant availability requirements
- Manages the assigned budget ensuring appropriate financial controls
- Ensures that technical skills within the area are at a level consistent with top performance in the petrochemical industry
- Ensures that all plant maintenance is implemented in accordance with standards and best practices and are in compliance with all relevant US legislation
- Ensures that all Plant Changes are implemented in accordance with the applicable management of change procedures
- Review engineering design packages to ensure all maintenance requirements are met
- Identifies continuous improvement opportunities to drive down the unit cost of maintenance and/or minimize overall risk of harm to people, harm to the environment or loss prevention and communicates these to the responsible person.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associate's degree in mechanical engineering or a related discipline preferred, OR, equivalent related work experience/combined education.
- Millwright Trade Certification
- 10 years experience working in a Maintenance Supervisory role, preferably within a Manufacturing environment
- Experienced in managing projects
- Experience with predictive and preventative maintenance programs
- Experience with reliability techniques and analysis
- Experience with development and implementation of strategy
- Experience with root cause analysis
- Experience with ISO 9000
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH32554