Our client, a global mid-sized Operator within the Oil & Gas Industry, has a requirement for an experienced Technical Manager with a focus on operations and manufacturing of methanol / ammonia and other gas products used in the in the energy industry.
The role will be based near Baton Rouge, Louisiana and will be a direct hire / permanent opportunity working for the client. Relocation assistance will be provided for candidates outwith the local area.
Manages the Plant Technical Services to support safe and environmentally compliant production with continuous improvement in overall long-term plant competitiveness.
Manage efficient design and execution of expense and capital projects on schedule and within budget.
Support the Organization as a fully engaged member of the Senior Management Team.
Experience / Education
- Leads department resources to provide technical services that ensure long-term competitiveness of the site.
- Develops annual capital budget and 5-year capital plan for the plant.
- Oversees efficient and effective design and execution effort for plant capital and expense projects, meeting both schedule and cost targets.
- Enhances operational performance improvements via monitoring of key process parameters and initiating process adjustments and/or equipment changes.
- Supports manufacturing world-class excellence by being current on technology and industry practices.
- Provides accurate and cost-effective analytical services to the plant.
- Ensures department implementation and compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Ensures all Technical department personnel are adequately trained and competent to meet or exceed company standards.
- Works very closely and collaboratively with the Operations, Maintenance, and Responsible Care departments to address plant EHS and operational issues.
- Visible in the plant and Control Room as an integral part of Operations at the site and as an example for all Technical Team members.
- Supports and contributes to the mission, vision, and core principles of Company Leadership.
- Conducts personal and company affairs in an ethical, professional, and trustworthy manner.
- Ensures that the performance management system is competently and fairly applied to all department members.
- Leads a performance culture via continuous performance feedback, employee training and development, and succession and retention planning.
- Actively participates on the Site Management Team supporting all initiatives and policies established by SMT.
- Mentors employees as requested/needed across all departments.
- Supports company global engineering, technology, and project initiatives.
- Supports the Global Technical Team and other global teams as appropriate.
- Works collaboratively with the Operations and Maintenance Departments to continuously improve plant competitive position in the Methanol industry.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in Engineering required; Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering discipline preferred, OR equivalent related experience/combined education.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in engineering/technical services.
- Typically, 5 years' management experience in the manufacturing industry.
- Demonstrated Leadership skills
- Strong communication and employee motivation abilities
- Planning, organization, and time management skills.
- Technical and problem-solving abilities.
- Competence in all common computer applications
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH31185