Our client is seeking a Full-Time Operational Technology Analyst to support US based LNG export facility and service the global demand for North American natural gas. This Louisiana-based position will support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies.
Key Qualifications and Responsibilities:
Subject Matter Expertise in OT Networks: The successful candidate will serve as a technical Subject
Matter Expert (SME) in OT Networks, possessing a deep understanding of Industrial Control Systems and
Network Troubleshooting and Enhancement: The OT Analyst will play a vital role in resolving network
issues, serving as the go-to escalation point, even during after-hours, for advanced networking-related
challenges. They will actively contribute to the design, implementation, and enhancement of our OT
Technical Support and Documentation: This role encompasses responsibilities such as designing,
installing, configuring, maintaining, and documenting network systems/solutions. Furthermore, the OT
Analyst will provide critical technical support for Operations and various projects.
Cybersecurity and Network Management Expertise: The successful candidate must bring expertise in
general Cybersecurity and Network Management within an Information Technology environment. Key
areas of proficiency include:
* Successful experience in LAN, WAN, and WLAN design and implementation.
* A working knowledge of network planning, network security principles, and general network
management best practices.
* Familiarity with core routing and switching design principles, best practices, and related
* Proven experience in implementing and managing both local area and wide area networks.
* Hands-on experience with Cisco and/or Hirschmann Networking products.
* Familiarity with Controls equipment in an industrial setting, whether in engineering or
Reliability Support: Additionally, the OT Analyst will provide entry-level reliability support to theOperations team. Key areas of focus include:
* Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA): Demonstrating expertise in relevant techniques to effectively
lead RCFA exercises related to plant equipment and processes.
* Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM): Possessing adequate knowledge of relevant techniques
to drive fine-tuning & improvements in existing Maintenance practices, with the goal of
achieving a cost-effective yet safe robust Maintenance strategy.
Other Key Responsibilities:
* Creating and maintaining comprehensive documentation related to network configuration,
deployment, maintenance, diagrams, processes, and service records.
* Preparing documentation with the assumption that you will be unavailable during various
outages/disasters, ensuring another OT Analyst can respond effectively.
* Monitoring network performance, troubleshooting, and resolving problem areas as needed.
* Being on-call and ready to respond on-site as required, typically serving as a secondary resource
for network-related issues.
* Under guidance, upgrading and replacing hardware as needed to ensure smooth and reliable
operation aligned with business objectives.
* Performing system backups, recovery, and comprehensive testing of backup procedures and
* Collaborating with the team and other departments to assess short-term and long-term network
* Following and maintaining policies, procedures, and associated plans for network
* Researching and providing recommendations for reliable and maintainable solutions to meet
clearly defined requirements.
* Working with the team to design, test, configure, upgrade, document, and deploy OT network
equipment and connections, including servers for network administration, routers, switches, and
* Conducting research on network products, security issues, and standards to stay current with
developments in the Oil and Gas production industry.
* Recommending and implementing solutions to address or enhance cybersecurity concerns.
* Initiating OT Network changes as required, utilizing VGLNG's management of change (MoC)
process, in conjunction with documentation updates.
* Possession of an associate's degree in Information Technology (IT), computer science, or a
related field, with a minimum of 8 years of relevant networking experience; OR possession of a
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology (IT), computer science, or a related field, with a
minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
* Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification or CCNP certification is preferred.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.