Our client is seeking a Full-Time Principal Electrical Engineer to support US based LNG export facility and service the global demand for North American natural gas. This Louisiana-based position will support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies.
The ideal candidate will possess substantial technical prowess in Electrical Engineering, underpinned by an intricate comprehension of motors, transformers, switchgear, and related electrical equipment. Additionally, they will exhibit familiarity with pertinent industry norms, guidelines, and codes. A working grasp of general plant equipment within the Oil & Gas sector is pivotal for excelling in this role.
The selected candidate is mandated to provide, at a minimum, intermediate-level Reliability Engineering support to the Operations team. This support encompasses a specialized focus on:
- Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA): Possessing adeptness in relevant techniques to competently lead RCFA endeavors, scrutinizing failures tied to plant equipment and processes.
- Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM): Commanding ample knowledge in pertinent techniques to enhance and refine prevailing Maintenance practices, striving for a cost-effective and robust Maintenance strategy.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Serving as an in-house Technical Expert, extending advice and counsel on issues pertaining to Electrical system engineering.
- Offering day-to-day Electrical systems assistance to the Maintenance & Operations teams to ensure sustained functionality of plant equipment.
- Delivering advanced diagnostic backing, facilitating swift production recovery during equipment failures and enforced plant outages.
- Leading Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) initiatives, crafting technical summaries inclusive of causes and recommendations for concerned parties.
- Providing interpretation and evaluation services for analyses and recommendations put forth by Reliability Technicians within predictive programs.
- Aiding the Maintenance team in the planning and execution of Turnaround operations.
- Supporting availability tracking and augmenting the overall reliability of plant equipment.
- Undertaking the assessment of workflow processes, identifying critical spares, and outlining storage and preservation requisites for Electrical systems throughout the plant.
- Education and Certifications:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- A Professional Engineering License is advantageous.
- A minimum of 15 years of senior engineering experience, particularly within Electrical equipment, in an industrial setting involving engineering or operations.
- Required Oil and Gas experience, with preference for familiarity with LNG applications; however, proficiency in petrochemicals, NGL, cryogenic natural gas processing, or other hydrocarbon processing is also viable.
- A comprehensive grasp of motors, gas turbines (Frames & Aero-derivatives), and compressors.
- Additional Skills:
- Proficiency in CMMS Systems.
- Competence in power system analysis.
- Mastery of RCFA tools for conducting failure analysis
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.