PRINCIPAL ENGINEER, PROCESS Location: New Orleans, LA
Petroplan is partnering with a provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas, supporting the global demand for North American natural gas. They are currently seeking a Principal Process Engineer to join the team in New Orleans, LA. This role reports to the Director, Operations Engineering and will support the review of process design and operations engineering functions to meet the project's objectives.
- Support the transition of the facility from EPC to the operations phase by developing the Ready for Operations (RFO) schedule.
- Serve as the project focal point for all areas of process engineering, ensuring adherence to budgets, schedules, and design requirements.
- Ensure process engineering deliverables comply with project design and operation philosophies.
- Prepare heat and material balances, process flow diagrams, piping, and instrumentation diagrams.
- Handle system design parameters, equipment design or rating (e.g., heat exchangers, vessels, towers), and provide technical guidance on complex design issues.
- Coordinate with licensors, vendors, and subcontractors to integrate their work into the project plan.
- Develop process simulations for complex units and modify existing models as needed.
- Conduct process improvement studies, optimize performance, investigate incidents, evaluate economics, perform technical audits, and conduct safety studies.
- Provide support during construction to resolve technical queries, non-conformances, and concession requests.
- Evaluate requests for deviations or exemptions from established specifications and project standards.
- Perform economic evaluations of equipment alternatives, emphasizing availability, reliability projections, and life cycle costs.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Professional Engineer's (PE) License or equivalent CEng license is required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience as a Senior Process Engineer in the LNG industry.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in all aspects of process engineering from conceptual design to plant startup and troubleshooting.
- Commissioning, start-up, and performance testing experience is a plus.
- Strong understanding of key equipment involved in LNG liquefaction facilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and discipline-specific applications (e.g., HYSYS, Aspen Plus).
- Knowledge of relevant major design codes and standards.
- Must hold a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.