Full Time Professional Located in Hackberry, La
- The Contract Specialist position is primarily responsible for assisting the Contract Manager in administering the EPC Contract for a major LNG Liquefaction Natural Gas Project. Contract Specialist will use standardized processes and tools to blend Contract commercial know-how with practicality, ensuring contract compliance that is auditable.
- Contract Specialist must be a self-starter who works independently with supervision oversight.
- Transportation Worker Identification Credentials (TWIC) will be required.
- Position is located at project site in Hackberry, LA. There is no per diem or travel expenses (unless requested by CLNG associated with this position.
The Job Role, Responsibilities, and Duties:
The role includes the following primary responsibilities for the Contracts Specialist:
- Provide execution, oversight and administration of EPC Contract (Lump Sum), including monitoring Contractor's and Owner's performance of contractual requirements.
- Prepare and disseminate information to appropriate LNG team members regarding EPC Contract execution status.
- Provide EPC Contract briefs and revisions summarizing contractual requirements.
- Monitor EPC Contract requirements to ensure compliance with all LNG procedures, specifications and Applicable Laws.
- Engage with applicable Project Stakeholders and Project Management for resolution of contractual issues.
- Interpret EPC Contract provisions to assist the Project Management and/or LNG team members to resolve questions, claims, and disputes submitted by Contractor.
- Prepare, negotiate and issue Change Orders with backup documentation being provided and justified in an auditable file for claim mitigation.
- Perform analysis of proposed Contract Change Order and provide commercial recommendation to Project Management.
- Prepare and implement trainings and presentations for LNG team members on the requirements of EPC Contract.
- Execute EPC Contract closing activities, including ensuring all contractual requirements are satisfied before approval of the Final Invoice.
- Administrative duties include but are not limited to updating records, filing, logging, tracking correspondence and other Project documentation, maintaining, updating and managing electronic database.
- You have industry knowledge of the laws and ordinances regulating various types of Engineering, Procurement, and Construction Contracts. You have skill in negotiating, writing, interpreting, and administering contractual agreements.
- A bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or Engineering will compliment your minimum of three to seven years of experience in the oil and gas industry related to Engineer, Procure, and Construction Contracts, preferably with LNG plant and commercial legal experience being a plus.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of customer service in a work environment of numerous competing demands.
- Ability to convey technical information in a clear and concise manner to other less technically oriented customers and employees.
- Able to comfortably interface with all levels management, inside and outside the organization.
- Computer skills should include proficiency in MS Office including: Computer skills should include proficiency in MS Office including: Word, Excel, VISIO, Power Point and contracts and records management system known as SharePoint.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks, within complex and demanding deadlines
- Excellent communication skills verbally and written; Ability to communicate clearly and concisely by telephone, email and by direct contact in English language
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions as defined per Company policy.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH33149