Our client, an industry leader in the petroleum exploration and production industry, is seeking an experienced Legal Advisor for their Kuala Lumpur office. Reporting to the Head of Legal, the Legal Advisor will provide support to the Head of Legal in contract negotiations, insurance matters, external relations and investor relation matters, and other matters as required.
*Please note: this role is a 12-month contract role, on-site set to start in early 2023.
Scope of Work:
- Providing risk assessment and legal impact of business decisions with regard to the Production Sharing Contracts, Joint Operating Agreements and other Upstream Agreements
- Responsible for the review of PSC's, JOAs, contracts/agreements
- Ensuring all agreements and contracts entered into are on the best possible terms for the organization
- Ensuring that the insurance policies are placed for all operating and general insurances where necessary
- Managing outside counsel, insurance brokers, underwriters, corporate secretarial scope where necessary
- Maintain working relationships with all internal stakeholders, corporate legal group and corporate secretary group
- Maintain working relationships with external customers, contractors, partners, external legal firms, company secretary and other relevant parties where necessary
Required background and qualifications:
- Minimum 10 years' experience (post-admission to the Malaysian Bar)
- Must be analytical and able to work independently '
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Experienced in the Oil and Gas industry
- Familiar with Production Sharing Contracts, Joint Operating Agreements and upstream Oil and Gas operations agreements
- Familiar with the Malaysian upstream Oil and Gas industry
- Only candidates with Malaysian working rights or RTP will be considered
Soft Skills Required
- Highly effective influence, negotiation, and collaboration skills with the ability to work across the enterprise.
- A team player with good leadership skills
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.