Competent to maintain Low Voltage electrical equipment within the Sarawak Fields in a safe manner and in accordance with relevant legislation and the Maintenance Management System.
Work towards the success of COMPANY Health and Safety Objectives.
- Perform the duty as a LV charge-man for Onshore and Offshore Facilities.
- Perform daily work plan including supervision of contractors working with LV electrical system if necessary.
- Certified Isolation Authority within the COMPANY Permit to Work System.
- Input daily reports and Work Request into SAP.
- Carry out maintenance tasks including schedule shutdowns and required isolations for electrical system.
- Carry out maintenance and repair work on electrical system including job close out in SAP.
- Perform diagnosis on complex systems to determine equipment faults.
- Fulfill emergency response role as per the Emergency Response Plan.
- Liaise with Material Coordinator in relation to daily and forward planning of materials and spare parts.
- Awareness of knowledge on Ex equipment.
- Maintain awareness on the visual condition of the facility and produce report (anomalies, troubleshooting, technical, shutdown, repair).
- Awareness in Thermography.
- Sound knowledge in LV electrical protection system.
- Maintain general housekeeping of the equipment (switch gear/transformer/battery room).
- Authority and work as directed by Supervisor.
- Shall be a Certified Isolation Authority within COMPANY Permit to Work System.
- Routine inspection, testing and repair of LV electrical and instrument equipment in the Field.
- Ensure all LV electrical, instrument and communication equipment maintenance are being carried out safely and efficiently and in accordance with established Maintenance Management System.
- In the event of an emergency, carry out emergency duties in accordance with the Emergency Response Plan.
- Promote safety awareness in the maintenance department as well as monitor and ensure compliance with OHS procedures
- Ensure a complete understanding of the Permit to Work System Procedure and the requirement for generating and using permits for Hot Work and Cold Work.
- Report all accidents, incidents, near-misses and dangerous occurrences to Supervisor immediately.
- Attend Maintenance Department Meetings and the monthly safety meeting in accordance with COMPANY's Safety Management Systems.
- Ensure a good working knowledge of the maintenance system and the use of SAP.
- Ensure a full understanding of the requirements of isolation, de-isolation and re-instatement of plant, equipment and machinery in accordance with Maintenance Management Systems
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Technically Certified by Electrical Inspectorate Unit (EIU) as L1 Charge-man (with switching authorization/ issue electrical permit).
- Technical College Certification in Electrical.
- 5 years working experience in handling LV system offshore in the Oil & Gas Production environment.
- HUET/Sea and Offshore Survival Training.
- First Aider Training.
- Fire Fighting Training.
- Hazardous Area Electrical Equipment selection and Maintenance Training.
- Prefer PLC hardware / software experience / qualifications.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.