Petroplan is in search for an Engineer in North York, ON.
This is a 1 year contract position.
Responsible for establishing new or improved policies, processes, procedures, and Engineering Utilization - Customer Safety & Compliance initiatives requiring technical solutions coupled with the resolution of business matters.
* Analysis and evaluation of large amounts of data relating to Engineering Utilization - Customer Safety & Compliance projects.
* Evaluate and prioritize activities within each of the projects and groups of projects assigned.
* Provide input in terms of addressing issues with regulators and industry associations where the impact of actions can have a significant effect on certain projects and initiatives.
* Establish a work plan that includes project scope, work activities, milestones, budget requirements, resource requirements and deliverables, for the projects being undertaken for the Operations and Engineering.
* Track, monitor and communicate project progress against the project plan, budget, quality measures and standard progresses.
* Communicate work progress and findings to all affected groups, as required, usually at the management level.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Engineering Degree (preferably Mechanical or Electrical)
* Licensed Professional Engineer (Ontario)
* 5 years of technical experience related to gas-fired appliances, associated policy and procedures coupled with an understanding of applicable regulatory codes and safety matters.
* Able to independently and effectively manage projects with varying complexities requiring the application of engineering principles and business components.
* Able to provide input to technical and business decisions related to the application of Engineering, Operations and Customer Safety & Compliance outcomes.
* Strong communication, customer service, inter-personal, organizational, conflict resolution and project management skills.
* Able to manage and prioritize multiple deliverables at one time.
* PMP designation is a plus
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client-led management structure.