- The Advisor, Risk Management is responsible for coordinating Enterprise Risk Management processes to ensure that risk existing at all levels have been fully managed and are in line with corporate policy, standard, guideline and international standards.
- Consolidate departmental risk assessment into PLS level and coordinate with PLS/G Section to Corporate Office.
- Perform the risk management plan to support PLS/G on GRC initiatives.
- Consider the commercial impact of business decisions with regards to the Production Sharing Contracts.
- Responsible for the development of assigned projects and businesses primarily in the Commercial, Business Development and Risk Management functions.
- Maintain an enterprise-wide view of risks which are related to the Corporate Direction in the businesses i.e E&P, related businesses and other businesses in which Client invests, as well as to recommend mitigation strategies to manage the risk to keep them within the acceptable level according to clause (2) and to continuously monitor, assess and improve the mitigation strategy in responding to any changes of the business environment.
- Support Risk Management function in assessing key risks and advise on other potential risks which may impact the Company on continuous and efficient risk management in comparable to leading companies as well as assign task related to Client risk management for the Risk Management Function to perform.
- Report key risk and results of risk management to Management regularly and promptly alert all concerned any significant events related to risk management to Corporate.
The main responsibilities are:
- Implement and maintain an ERM framework and supporting policies, standards, guidelines, and processes.
- Coordinate with Corporate to report key risks on a quarterly basis.
- Coordinate and facilitate risk owners, i.e., function groups, division, departments, to thoroughly identify, assess, formulate mitigation plans, and KRIs against objectives, targets, and work program & budgets.
- Follow up, monitor, and review registered corporate risks and progress of mitigations.
- Work with risk owners to conduct risk assessment for 5 risk areas, i.e. strategic planning and management, investment and divestment decisions making, capital project management, operational and business process risk management, and ESG related risk management.
- Monitor, evaluate, and notify status of corporate risks to management team and executive committees, i.e. Malaysia Asset Management Committee (MYMC), and Risk Management Committee (RMC)
- Support Corporate in preparation and facilitating Risk Management Committee (RMC) to ensure effectiveness of the meetings.
- Promote, provide training, and embed awareness, ownership, culture, and culture a mindset for risk management across Malaysia Asset
- Conduct studies, acquire & update risk information for internal and external parties, e.g. risk factors for SET, DJSI, risk analysis for internal control & internal audit, reports for RMC and management.
- Provide consultation and guidance to risk owners in accordance with best practices and standards.
- Collaborate closely with Corporate to enhance implementation and share accurate information to Corporate as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree (or similar qualification) in Business Administration or Finance, preferably with MBA qualifications.
- Minimum 20-year experience in the upstream petroleum industry, including first-hand experience with strategic planning.
- Familiarity with management accounting for business-performance measurement, setting and revisiting financial and operating targets, identifying key value drivers, and with analysis methods and tools to support business decision-making.
- Experience with Production Sharing Contracts.
- Exposure to oil and gas exploration, development, and production activities in an operating environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Proficient in the English language.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office e.g. Words, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with the Malaysian upstream petroleum industry.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.