- DESIGN BASIS, CODE & STANDARD
- Understand and able to apply knowledge of design codes, industry standards and intepretation of specification to meet project requirements.
- Good understanding of drafting and design practices.
- Competent to resolve problems / trouble shoot based on codes and standards and project requirements interpretation.
- Understand Client's specification (e.g. PTS, DEP etc.) and provide service which meet contract requirements
- KNOWLEDGE OF ELECTRICAL DESIGN
- Ensure effective use of available resources.
- Provide inputs on electrical design work guidelines / checklists based on project experiences and lessons learnt.
- Competent to prepare and review electrical design deliverables eg. cable routing drawings, lighting and small power layout drawings, earthing layout drawings, equipment layout drawings, electrical installation detail drawings, interconnection and wiring diagrams, etc.
- Competent to prepare and review cable schedules.
- Able to do 3D modelling for electrical scope.
- Competent to prepare and review electrical material take offs (MTO).
- Competent to provide support by providing input to respond to Site Technical Queries (STQ) regarding electrical design requirements.
- Competent to review the deliverables prepared by subordinates (as checker), and show guidance / design advice to subordinates. Able to maintain quality output from subordinates.
- Liaise with electrical engineers to prepare and review single line and schematic diagrams * Able to understand and analyse vendor's deliverables and incorporate into project drawings.
- EQUIPMENT SELECTION
- Good knowledge of hazardous area requirements i.e., competent to select suitable equipment for use in hazardous areas.
- Able to provide input for equipment specification and requirements to electrical engineer especially for electrical bulk materials.
- WORKING DELIVERABLES Able to prepare effectively in a timely and productive manner :
- Layout drawings cable routing, earthing, lightning protection, lighting and small power, equipment / substation arrangement, etc.
- Electrical installation detail drawings
- Interconnection and wiring diagrams
- Single line and schematic diagrams
- Cable schedules
- Material take offs
- Input to other disciplines' deliverables such as requirements for cable trenches, input to plot plan, etc.
- Weight data and foundation loading input.
- Good professional judgment, responsive and pro-active in execution of electrical design deliverables to meet project needs.
- Good communication skills and able to collaborate and work well with others. Liaise with other departments / disciplines as required.
- Fulfill QA / QHSES aspects, eg. maintain drafting office filing system, ensure compliance with QA and QHSES requirements.
- Experience in construction supervision, testing and commissioning support.
- 15yrs experience and has performed engineering and design on 100POB LQ for offshore platforms.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.